Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings,

I have this double d coil coming next week.

So far, I have hunted over the last few years with my stock coil, and 6 " concentric... both at 7.5 khz (something like that).

What sort of changes will I experience with the new coil?

Does it affect your numbers on the display at all?

How about pinpointing? Where would the center coil be when pinpointing?

How does it work for you on wet sand?

How deep does it go (roughly)?

Any other info you have, I'd appreciate.

Thank you.

Pinpointing will be different. Use the 90 degree method. Numbers for the most part will be very close. Depth will a minimal gain over your stock coil. No way to guess that accurately. Wet sand performance will be about the same as stock coil.

It sounds like a waste of money. Next spring, I'll have to order the 6" double d one as well... just to cover my bases.

Is there a 'burning money' emoticon? :)

Yeah, what the other poster replied is correct if you're in good ground. If hunting in bad ground, then its a different story. In good ground you can get the hypothetical depth equivalent to the size of your coil with a concentric and real close with a DD. But, in bad ground you will lose anywhere from 1-3" with a concentric and the DD won't lose anywhere near as much. If its not too late to change your order or if you find a way to send it back (assuming good ground) I would get the high frequency version of the 10.5" DD. In good ground you will probably see more of an improvement (slight but better and that can make a difference).

:icon_thumright: ty bill

... you've probably found out by now that it's A LOT HEAVIER that the stock coil. I used it for one full summer and my arm was about to fall off everytime I used it. I don't bother with it anymore. I'm sure you'll like the 6" DD though.

Good info., thanks.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back