What's new

YES! 1st(probably last) HALF DIME 1795

scratcher

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
463
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
By far my best coin today. Decent shape to boot! Found some other cool stuff too- trigger guard, another 41st of Foot officers button-but this blows everything else away.
 

Attachments

  • halfdime 009.webp
    halfdime 009.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 7,142
  • halfdime 017.webp
    halfdime 017.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 7,095
Upvote 0
Re: YES! 1st(probably last) HALF DIME

When I read the title, I was thinking a seated half dime. Those are very noteworthy in their own right. But when I saw that picture, my jaw fell and it truly took my breath away. That is an outstanding find, congratulations on an amazing coin! I vote banner!
Anthony
 
Re: YES! 1st(probably last) HALF DIME

great find!! any story behind it? what kind of place did you find it at?
 
Two words, Ban ner. Actually more than two words, fill in all the required info. Where, when, how, and why not me.
Oh, I so salute you.
 
Nominated for banner.......WOW
 
Outstanding find, and in outstanding shape. WTG :thumbsup:
 
Banner (just saw you up there congrats!). Tell us more about the find and your level of excitement. We deserve more of a story for such a cool find!
 
Oh My God ! I can't believe I'm seeing this - That is the most beautiful early American silver

coin I have ever seen posted on here . I am stunned - Obviously BANNER !!! That coin would

make my detecting life - Do not clean it further , it is gorgeous !! Argentium.

PS. could you give a detailed story about your finding of this treasure ?
 
Thanks for the Banner noms all. I really appreciate it. I found this at what I call my "1812 site". I really think there was furtrade activity there also, though, considering the other relics including tinklers, trade silver, etc. What amazes me is how shallow things are at this site. Most things are in the top 4 inches or so of dirt. It's on a hillsde in the woods which probably keeps the soil from building up. A couple of flintlock parts found earlier were barely covered. I kept wondering if I would ever find a coin there as it seemed like things were drying up a bit. Looks like I can cross that off the list for this place! Hopefully someone was carrying a quarter!
 
I would grade it vf20 red book shows it to be worth 3,000. Great find!! it's worth big $$
 
Now that is incredible. Those would be my favorite kind of coin to find. Big time congrats! You need to tear that site apart! Let us know if you get it graded/slabbed or something.
 
Awesome find - congrats!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
a truly remarkable great discovery, awaiting days, months, years and centuries for you to uncover her

congrats on bring her back to the light of the world :thumbsup:
 
Totally awesome!!!! I am shooting for a seated half dime,that takes the cake! :thumbsup:
 
AWESOME!!!!

I think I would faint if I found something like that.

Congrats!

Ray
 
Sweeeet nice find congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I would not attempt to try and clean it any further. If you decide to get it slabed thats the last
thing you want is cleaned on the slab. Your picture looks good, leave the Half.D the way it is
BANNER ALL THE WAY :icon_sunny:
 
That is just a stunning find. Congratulations big time !!!!!

It looks beautiful up on the banner right where it belongs....

Find of a life time for sure !!!!

Congrats again,

Brian in MA
 
Well that is just awesome. Thanks so much for the great photo and for sharing it with us.

And I do believe you have made the banner!
 
davidtn said:
Well that is just awesome. Thanks so much for the great photo and for sharing it with us.

And I do believe you have made the banner!

yeah he just did congrats I agree a banner find indeed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom