Yes archaeologist use this equipment but not Prop wash deflectors "really"

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mary Glowacki at the State got madd when I asked her in front of the secretary of State why was it ok to use this equipment instead of a 2 inch tube like Light house use's and never finds anything "true story"

Her answer was it was necessary do to a dredging operation that would have destroyed the wreck site, ( wrong answer)

Attachments

• 1000w_q95.jpg
    1000w_q95.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 178

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have asked her why they didn't use C4 charges as the damage to shipwrecks would be fairly similar but C4 is quicker!::):icon_pale:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Black Duck, in addition to the grab claw, the Institute of Nautical Archaeology used blowers when they excavated La Salle's vessel in Matagorda Bay back in 1996.

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Black Duck, in addition to the grab claw, the Institute of Nautical Archaeology used blowers when they excavated La Salle's vessel in Matagorda Bay back in 1996.

Thanks i did not know that,I guess its ok when its for the good of there pay check,

OP
OP
B

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just read about it and it said they put a coffer damm around it as it was in a bay,so at what point did they use blowers ?

I really do not read or research projects I am not involved in unless it help with what GME is doing,

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They used blowers around the perimeter before sinking the cofferdam.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No state OR government should not even be in the archaeology "business" let alone the salvage and recovery business.

Their job should remain solely on documentation and overseeing proper care and cataloging of such endeavors / projects.

That's it.

Engaging in these activities AT taxpayers expense IS a "conflict of interest."

Furthermore...

I would also call it "monopolizing"... which is exactly what the government rules as "unconstitutional" and "unfair" trade practices... and goes after business giants for.

A clear and cut case IMO of...

"what's good for the goose IS NOT good for the gander".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No state OR government should not even be in the archaeology "business" let alone the salvage and recovery business.

Their job should remain solely on documentation and overseeing proper care and cataloging of such endeavors / projects.

That's it.

Engaging in these activities AT taxpayers expense IS a "conflict of interest."

Furthermore...

I would also call it "monopolizing"... which is exactly what the government rules as "unconstitutional" and "unfair" trade practices... and goes after business giants for.

A clear and cut case IMO of...

"what's good for the goose IS NOT good for the gander".

Who saves those who would save others from themselves ,from their own selves?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Come again... ehhh... say that 3 times real fast :P

Heaven forbid you or I take a barnacle home.
Better that others recover them and put them put them somewhere " safe"...for our sake. But who looks out for the sake of those who would save us from ourselves? Or their recoveries?

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heaven forbid you or I take a barnacle home.
Better that others recover them and put them put them somewhere " safe"...for our sake. But who looks out for the sake of those who would save us from ourselves? Or their recoveries?

Many finds from shipwrecks that are to be "safe kept" by entities throughout salvage history...

Are in fact kept from public eyes... restricted from public access... OR... in cases... "missing"... unable to be located / found.

With little to no accountability... and mostly lost in the "shuffle"...

And IF a record exist of items path ... Records lead to "dead ends" or to no an "exchange" or no press quiet sale.

As far as "misplaced" items in archival storages... little to no "solves" as to an items whereabouts are pursued due to lack

No one wants to be held accountable for misplacing or loosing something of value.

Which brings to point "there will always those who can open the gate for the gate keeper".

Hence why I admired Mel Fisher...

At least Mel Fisher put it all out there for all to see.,, and allowed people who really wanted to "own" a piece of it.

And made a museum of his own to tell the story and display the finds that captured our imaginations.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr whitey keevan was pretty good with one of those claws. Ive seen pictures of some fantastic loads of coins pulled off el cazador. Theres one with whitey peering in through the clam shell at load of coins that ways thousands of pounds. Hes an amazing guy whos done it all including useing a clam shell to grab thousands and thousands of pounds of coins !! Not just thousands of coins but thousands of POUNDS of coins. Guys in his 80s but looks acts and works like hes 50 !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions