What's new

Yesterdays finds

theviking

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
921
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a few pieces washed out of our four wheeler track yesterday. No flint beauty here, but even the ugly ones need a little love. Its a Savannah River made from Ryolite, I think. The last piece is a large Quartzite bowl or anvil stone, too big to carry back to the house, I might have to strap it to the back of my bike.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_8714 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8714 (800x532).webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_8715 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8715 (800x532).webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_8719 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8719 (800x532).webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_8725 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8725 (800x532).webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0005 (800x600).webp
    DSCF0005 (800x600).webp
    167.4 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
it's pretty well made... what is the second to last pic?
 
Not sure, I think its a larger version of the end scraper I showed a few days ago, looks broken. Here's a few more pics, maybe just a rock.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_8757 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8757 (800x532).webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_8756 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8756 (800x532).webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_8755 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8755 (800x532).webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 99
Nice point! ''Beauty is in the eye of the artifact hunter'' :thumbsup:
 
thanks.. I have a lot of one's kinda like that ... can tell somethings been done to it and that's about as far as it goes. nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom