What's new

Yet another golden morning!

Chicago Ron

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2005
Messages
608
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
In the Lake in Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The waves were building this morning so I could only put in 2 hours before I got chased out.
But it was a great trip.
gold chain, 1947 rosie dime and a dozen other targets.

The chain which is my 2nd in 7 days

18K chain, 24" long, 12.0 grams

I LOVE THIS HOBBY!
 

Attachments

  • 2-20-12 18K chain, 12.0g.webp
    2-20-12 18K chain, 12.0g.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 699
  • 2-20-12 total.webp
    2-20-12 total.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 825
Upvote 0
Ron ,you are the gold king!
 
Now Ron, that is a great gold chain!!! :notworthy: I found one like it but saw an inch sticking out of the sand while in waist deep water. I thought it was an plastic earring till I tried to lift it. Mine was fastened so it must have come off over his head. I wish I never sold it. :BangHead:
 
Damn dude! You serious!? Congrats on another fantastic withdrawal. :thumbsup:
 
Quite impressive Ron!!.... But what you gonna do when you finish plundering this 100 year old beach where no one has detected before? (I get blown away at the early 1900 inscribed gold rings you pull out of there in like new condition) I was watching your video the other day feeling sorry for myself cause you are finding all this really cool stuff and I ain't finding much. (My today's hunt, 1 junk ring, 2 junk earrings and $1.86 in clad. Not worth posting.) As you panned the water on your last video there was not a ripple to be seen.... Well, that sure would make a difference in hunting if I didn't have constant wave action to contend with and no tide. Where I hunt there is a 6' tidal variation from high to low. Waves are constant and the best hunting areas are only accessable around low tide. We all do the best we can with what we have to work with... You and Mark are really tearing it up. You do have some cold weather to contend with so I know it is not like you are picking cherries. I know you are working hard and using a lot of experience to do what you do and have the success you are having. Keep it up. HH, Ralph
 
WOW!!!!! That is a really nice chain, and a pile of gold!
 
Fantastic find does not do it justice.... SUPER FANTASTIC FIND!!
 
That's it!.....I'm moving to Chicago...this morning! :laughing7:

Excellent finds, Ron...and that gold chain is Exquisite!! :wav:

Congratulations on fine detecting ....again.

Lorraine
 
What Lorraine said...except for the move to Chicago part.
Nice recovery Ron.... Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Great find Ron! What is your preferred md for these finds on the "giving beach"
 
Very nice find, gold is always nice and its always hard to take. Good luck Ron
 
Way to go Ron :headbang: What machine where you using.
 
Thanks all for the great comments, Machine was the Excal II. 7 of the 9 gold so far this year were in the water at the giving beach. We have been fortunate with the mild winter shoreline is usually frozen. I'm back out this morning. :blob7:
 
Great 18k gold chain,Ron.Congratulations on another great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom