Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dear limitol ...tim wanted to take you to the er before he went out drinking ....but you said NO ...so in a way ---you brought it on yourself --because once folks drink well they tend to not give a damn about what "other folks" want ..esp if is a hottie chick wanting to give em some action but your throwing off his "game plan" because you didn't want to go to the er earlier like you should have..

Your absolutely right guy....... I agree! But this is a "stupid thread" and maybe I'm the winner.... :laughing7: But it sounds like I have some competition though.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Listen guy.... fast forward 23 years and I've realized a LOT. But at 60 every now and then I "look around" because I just can't believe what I just did!!!!!!!

Now before everybody believes I'm just a complete idiot.... I'm not (I promise you). But every now and then.... well sh** happens... what can I say...? It happens to all of us... DOESN'T IT????? HELLO

Come on Brad! You live on sort of a mountain with usually no one around except you, Bonnie and the dogs and I bet you looked around to see if anyone saw what happened...even if it was Momma Dog, LOL!!...

Frank

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your absolutely right guy....... I agree! But this is a "stupid thread" and maybe I'm the winner.... :laughing7: But it sounds like I have some competition though.

???

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All's well than ends well!
You can still move like the wind! Nice!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pepperj..... Well I can't beat your "stupid" bomb happening out in the wild nor being hurt that bad, but....

I did made a small stupid acetylene "bomb" once at work. My buddy Rick and I took a small empty milk container and filled it with acetylene. Took some toilet paper and rolled it tight for a fuse. It was about 2ft. long. We put the fuse into the cartons opening, folded over the top and laid it upside down. We planned for it to go off during our weekly safety meeting with about 25 of us gathered about. We hid it in the die storage area about 25 yds. away where nobody was. Well I lit the fuse and rushed back to the meetings beginning. Meeting got over and nothing happened....? Everybody was walking away to lunch and I headed back into the die area to see what happened. Well I got there and the fuse was "gone"... So, I used my foot to move the carton some and it flipped over smoking.... BOOM!!!!

Now the blast was HUGE...LOUD. While the blast didn't hurt me (outer body) at all it did "pop" my left eardrum badly. I came walking out of the die area with EVERYBODY staring and laughing at me. I could see mouths moving but could barely hear anything. I'm glad I couldn't hear them well.... That was my first and last try at an acetylene bomb. Took weeks before I could hear correctly again. But I was 19 then and knew EVERYTHING.... all you had to do is ask...?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well buddy.... Looks like you and I (few others) are about the only ones who's done something stupid on this web site. I know not.... but maybe we're the only ones who will admit it. The rest of these folks are living in denial. Good thing you and I didn't grow up together... it would have been like the blink leading the blind or dumb and dumber. I probably have enough stories worthy to post that I'd have to shoot myself after a few days!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well buddy.... Looks like you and I (few others) are about the only ones who's done something stupid on this web site. I know not.... but maybe we're the only ones who will admit it. The rest of these folks are living in denial. Good thing you and I didn't grow up together... it would have been like the blink leading the blind or dumb and dumber. I probably have enough stories worthy to post that I'd have to shoot myself after a few days!

I said it before I've out done the 9 lives theory.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said it before I've out done the 9 lives theory.

You and I both!! Do you run into old friends and as they pick their jaws up off the floor say something like "My word you're still alive! Good to see you!" ?

Awww.... The good ole days when your bones were still a little flexible and you thought you had a big red S on your chest! :hello::thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You and I both!! Do you run into old friends and as they pick their jaws up off the floor say something like "My word you're still alive! Good to see you!" ?

Awww.... The good ole days when your bones were still a little flexible and you thought you had a big red S on your chest! :hello::thumbsup:
???

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the winner by a long shot. Your prize is 1000 pounds of pull taps.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BITE YOUR TONGUE GUY!!!!!!
Send em to me!!! My local scrap yard buys em for $5 a milk jug full. He resells em to the charities.

Talking about wagering on your longevity...... When I hit 30 I collected $1100 + change from friends & relatives that bet me I wouldn't see 30. Now my question is, there are three that passed. Can I file a lien against their estate for the bets? :laughing7::tongue3:

Limitool, Wait until you get to my age your skin gets thin & shows the scars more. When you look down and see that from the biceps down is almost solid scars you'll know just how lucky / blessed you have been. You'll also find how cruddy your memory is when you can't remember where 99.99% of the scars came from. Count your blessings brother!!!!:thumbsup:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Brad, I have done a lot of stupid things and even though some of them are hardly worth mentioning, here goes one!

When I was eight years old, a buddy of mine (Steve) and myself worked for a Used Appliance Store. They would sell an appliance, take the person's old appliance, clean it up, repair it and put it out for sale. It was mine and Steve's job to clean the appliances but one day, the boss and another adult worker decided to take us along on a delivery of a refrigerator. Me and Steve rode in the back or bed of the truck on each side of the refrigerator, holding onto the wood headboard that was on the truck. At the busiest intersection and streets of downtown Knoxville, Tennessee back then where Western Avenue merges onto Henley Street, we were stopped at a red light. Me and Steve were gabbing and goofing off, when suddenly, the boss popped the clutch on the truck and gunned it. With the momentum of the truck going forward, I was back stepping across the length of the bed of the truck, went over the tailgate, did a 180 both lengthwise and sideways before slamming my' head and body into the pavement. Somehow I grabbed the bumper of the truck before temporarily blacking out. This was a busy area even back then with lots of vehicle and foot traffic and I awoke from the black out to dozens of folks (pedestrians) screaming while I was being dragged up the street with me holding onto the bumper and a long line of cars behind the truck and the back of my' heads skip/bouncing on the pavement. Steve was pounding on the cab trying to tell the boss that I fell out of the truck but he is not listening and is barreling up the street at more than 30 miles and hour. I looked down my body and between my legs and could see all of the cars and knew that things weren't good. Well, a couple of cars shifted to the other lane, probably to try to get the boss to stop the truck and I took advantage of this to let go of the bumper and once I stopped sliding, rolled to the curb/sidewalk. I jumped up and by the time the boss figured out that Steve was not lying and that I had fell out of the truck, I had almost caught up with the truck. The boss stopped, I climbed into the bed of the truck and although I was a little shaken, I was no worse for wear.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Limitool, Wait until you get to my age your skin gets thin & shows the scars more. When you look down and see that from the biceps down is almost solid scars you'll know just how lucky / blessed you have been. You'll also find how cruddy your memory is when you can't remember where 99.99% of the scars came from. Count your blessings brother!!!!:thumbsup:

boogeyman.... Thanks for your post. I don't know your age but I'm 60 now. I have scars right NOW I can't remember where they all came from!!!! Most are on my arms, hands and head. Some were from honest accidents, some from situations I "volunteered" and/or"installed" myself within.... and then there are the one's where STUPID... like real STUPID... stepped right up to the plate.

I know I'm not alone....????

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Brad, I have done a lot of stupid things and even though some of them are hardly worth mentioning, here goes one!

When I was eight years old, a buddy of mine (Steve) and myself worked for a Used Appliance Store. They would sell an appliance, take the person's old appliance, clean it up, repair it and put it out for sale. It was mine and Steve's job to clean the appliances but one day, the boss and another adult worker decided to take us along on a delivery of a refrigerator. Me and Steve rode in the back or bed of the truck on each side of the refrigerator, holding onto the wood headboard that was on the truck. At the busiest intersection and streets of downtown Knoxville, Tennessee back then where Western Avenue merges onto Henley Street, we were stopped at a red light. Me and Steve were gabbing and goofing off, when suddenly, the boss popped the clutch on the truck and gunned it. With the momentum of the truck going forward, I was back stepping across the length of the bed of the truck, went over the tailgate, did a 180 both lengthwise and sideways before smalling my' head and body into the pavement. Somehow I grabbed the bumper of the truck before temporarily blacking out. This was a busy area even back then with lots of vehicle and foot traffic and I awoke from the black out to dozens of folks (pedestrians) screaming while I was being dragged up the street with me holding onto the bumper and a long line of cars behind the truck and the back of my' heads skip/bouncing on the pavement. Steve was pounding on the cab trying to tell the boss that I fell out of the truck but he is not listening and is barreling up the street at more than 30 miles and hour. I looked down my body and between my legs and could see all of the cars and knew that things weren't good. Well, a couple of cars shifted to the other lane, probably to try to get the boss to stop the truck and I took advantage of this to let go of the bumper and once I stopped sliding, rolled to the curb/sidewalk. I jumped up and by the time the boss figured out that Steve was not lying and that I had fell out of the truck, I had almost caught up with the truck. The boss stopped, I climbed into the bed of the truck and although I was a little shaken, I was no worse for wear.

Frank

No wonder you went into my cave with me.....!!!!!:laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Huntsman! I've been wanting to meet you for a long time! Always wanted to meet the guy that invented car surfing! Man! you're lucky!!! After that you've nothing to fear.

Limitool, You're close so you've got a good grip on the scar effect. :thumbsup:

Anyone been sitting on the back of a motor cycle and get dumped? Did that with the step bro, the car behind us got stopped just before my head hit the oilpan. Luckily I'd had some beers otherwise I think a trouser change would've been needed. Funny thing is the lady in the car was more shook up than I was. Step bro got a half block before he noticed I was gone, I picked myself up, all OK, the lady we thought we were going to have to call an ambulance for. :laughing7:

Aww how I long for those years when I bounced instead of breaking.....:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread