What's new

You might say today was like Christmas

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The mister and I got our new metal detectors in the mail today and a Weber grill we ordered after we went to Destin,Fla. a few weeks ago and discovered again how much better a burger or steak tastes cooked over charcoal vs. a gas grill.His birthday was yesterday but the grill is for both of us. Can't wait to start grilling and learning my new detector,I've never had one of my own.
 
Good luck with the md.And enjoy the grill.Have fun.
 
Hope you have many great finds with your new detector, and please send me some of that BBQ, or I guess I could drive down there to tennessee, and get some, I have family in athens, have not seen them in a long time hehe.
Happy Hunting.
Oh yeah, if you just so happen to be, eating said BBQ and cannot wait to detect your yard, just dont get so excited that you have BBQ in one hand and a detector in the other, you may become overwhelmed and accidently lick the BBQ sauce off your fingers when you forgot they were also covered in dirt lol...hehe lil joke there..

Mike

P.S. I forgot something for the mister

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Treasure Hunter, Happy Birthday to You! :occasion14:
 
Last edited:
Yeah....Enjoy all the new goodies. Happy hunting to you both!
 
Well, there is nothing better than treating and sharing gifts at ones birthday. Sincerely hope you two find that pot of gold with your new detectors. And a Happy Birthday to your husband, :occasion13:
 
You know Coily, I was thinking the same thing about gas vs charcoal. I switched to gas a few years ago and grilled hotdogs haven't tasted the same since. Going to pull the Weber out of the shed and put it back into use.

was your new detector the MXT? if not, what did you get?
 
Thank you old digger! No pot of gold but I did find a heavy aluminum gold colored seal in the lot next door with some embossed letters from a dairy,pretty cool.Susan I ended up getting a Minelab X-Terra 505 and for a newbie like me it was very easy to use.I may have to go back out before we start grilling and see what else I can find.
 
Last edited:
Coily,

Congradulations, you have had a real great day, and enjoy both new toys. I rustle up some good BBQ recipes for you!....Gary
 
Heck. I never had a Christmas that good. Now I'm old, worn out and the only grilling I do is on my George Foreman grill. Sigh, poor me. Oh, wait. I forgot. I have lunch out every day. Menu varies, but it's all good. Have fun with those detectors, but you shoulda bought a guitar. Heck, you guys could be the new Doyle and Debbie(see youtube)
 
Last edited:
Thank you old digger! No pot of gold but I did find a heavy aluminum gold colored seal in the lot next door with some embossed letters from a dairy,pretty cool.Susan I ended up getting a Minelab X-Terra 505 and for a newbie like me it was very easy to use.I may have to go back out before we start grilling and see what else I can find.

Awesome! I have the X 705 for four years and just love it. Nice and light, and such a beautiful sound on clad and silver. Great pinpointing too.
 
Heck. I never had a Christmas that good. Now I'm old, worn out and the only grilling I do is on my George Foreman grill. Sigh, poor me. Oh, wait. I forgot. I have lunch out every day. Menu varies, btu it's all good. Have fun with those detectors, but you shoulda bought a guitar. Heck, you guys could be the new Doyle and Debbie(see youtibe)
I've seen Doyle and Debbie once,they were pretty funny but no git fiddles for us,lol!Susan Im glad to hear you have enjoyed your 705. The pinpointing I need to work on but the ground I was digging in yesterday was like Kansas during the Dustbowl so maybe I'll do better when I can dig a good plug.P.s. The steaks were tasty but next time if I cook a filet I will oil them up first,they stuck.
 
Lets see pics of that new Detector resting against that sweet new grill!!! You know kind of like when you were little and posed for pics on Christmas day with your gifts :)
 
I would but my hair might skeer somebody!
 
Nah lets see that new detector and Grill! No one dresses up Christmas Day haha. Enjoy your new Detector CoilyGirl! I hope it zero's in on everything you have on your wish list to find :)
 
Nothing like Christmas in Summer time...congrats on the new goodies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom