What's new

Your Dream hunt

Well in Sweden I'd want to hunt the islands of Öland and Gotland. They are the most treasure filled places known to me in Sweden from the Viking age. ;D

Else I'd like to hunt Italy (Roman finds) or Greece, the UK would be ok for me also.. Pretty much any where old finds are hiding. ;D
 
My dream hunt would be right here in town...all the old 1800's houses still standing.....I want free reign to detect them all....

My second choice would be Pithole, Pa. First oil boom town in the country....now a ghost town...with that big old "NO METAL DETECTING" sign. All you see there are raised areas where roads once were and row after row of holes where houses once were....and well manicured, mowed.....would be sooooo easy to detect...no high weeds. At least not 20 years ago.

Al
 
Eu_citzen said:
Well in Sweden I'd want to hunt the islands of Öland and Gotland. They are the most treasure filled places known to me in Sweden from the Viking age. ;D

Else I'd like to hunt Italy (Roman finds) or Greece, the UK would be ok for me also.. Pretty much any where old finds are hiding. ;D

Read somewhere Gotland is the most treasure-rich site in the history of treasure hunting. Caches at almost every old homesite with hundreds already discovered. All MD'ing there now prohibited since the '80's. They want to leave that Viking loot in the ground! Give us a shout when they let you hit it!
 
atv into a prime area and camp for several days and search for civil war relics.
 
NOW I WANT TO GO TO VICKSBURG, MISS. DO RIVER BANK DETECTING ALONG THE MIGHTY MISS. RIVER.. O WHAT FUN I WOULD HAVE

HAVE A GREAT DAY
THANKS FOR POSTING :thumbsup:

M L HUDSON
 
The Atocha sight for 2 days, but be left alone and not bugged while I look and get to tote off everything I find.
That or hit some of those sites where you cats are finding all the double handfuls of gold rings everytime
you go out. It never ceases to amaze me what a gazzilion dollar detector in the hands of a detecting
genius can dig up. Y'all are my heroes. :wink:

HH,
Ramapirate
 
Well... mine is a little more complicated! It would require permission from the Costa Rican government, as it's located off their coast and is a restricted area.
It's called Cocos Island... and is depository home of MANY different notable pirates and hoards of treasure. It's also the same island from the novel, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. It's also the same island of unclaimed Jurassic Park fame.

Anyway, I'd like to be able to set up an armed & guarded base camp and a hand-picked exploration team armed with 2-box detectors and group imaging detectors, as well as additional hard rock mining tools and 8 months of fully stocked supplies. I'd also like to have a treasure ship waiting offshore, like those used by the Odyssey Exploration fleet or a huge modern mega-yacht would work well also, if they had additional water vehicles stored on board the ship.

Ahhhh, big dreams....
If I only had a high ranking contact in Costa Rica & a close friend with deep pockets! :icon_pirat:

Bran <><
 
The beach on the Dry Tortuga islands next to the fort. Was there last year and there was a lot of tourists with a lot of bling swimming and laying around. Don't think there would be any artifacts but bet you would detect a lot of rings and jewlery. It's a state park in Florida so any MD is against the law.
 
EEgads, this is easy. Anywhere with Angelina Jolie. ;D
 
ALL the Federal Protected National Forests, because with ALL the lost treasures in those areas that we can't detect or dig, the government knows SOMETHING, that is why they won't let us detect or dig!
 
My first choice would be the middle east (during peacetime), probably Jerusalem and the sight of Solomans temple. Next would be CoCo's Island.
 
Sandman said:
EEgads, this is easy. Anywhere with Angelina Jolie. ;D
Hey Sandman......Anywhere with Angelina Jolie........ Let me know if you need a partner for that hunt ! ;D
 
Sandman said:
EEgads, this is easy. Anywhere with Angelina Jolie. ;D

We have a winner!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom