Your Dream hunt

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dream hunt would be right here in town...all the old 1800's houses still standing.....I want free reign to detect them all....

My second choice would be Pithole, Pa. First oil boom town in the country....now a ghost town...with that big old "NO METAL DETECTING" sign. All you see there are raised areas where roads once were and row after row of holes where houses once were....and well manicured, mowed.....would be sooooo easy to detect...no high weeds. At least not 20 years ago.

Al

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Eu_citzen said:
Well in Sweden I'd want to hunt the islands of Öland and Gotland. They are the most treasure filled places known to me in Sweden from the Viking age. ;D

Else I'd like to hunt Italy (Roman finds) or Greece, the UK would be ok for me also.. Pretty much any where old finds are hiding. ;D

Read somewhere Gotland is the most treasure-rich site in the history of treasure hunting. Caches at almost every old homesite with hundreds already discovered. All MD'ing there now prohibited since the '80's. They want to leave that Viking loot in the ground! Give us a shout when they let you hit it!

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
atv into a prime area and camp for several days and search for civil war relics.

OP
OP
mlhudson

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
NOW I WANT TO GO TO VICKSBURG, MISS. DO RIVER BANK DETECTING ALONG THE MIGHTY MISS. RIVER.. O WHAT FUN I WOULD HAVE

HAVE A GREAT DAY
THANKS FOR POSTING :thumbsup:

M L HUDSON

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Atocha sight for 2 days, but be left alone and not bugged while I look and get to tote off everything I find.
That or hit some of those sites where you cats are finding all the double handfuls of gold rings everytime
you go out. It never ceases to amaze me what a gazzilion dollar detector in the hands of a detecting
genius can dig up. Y'all are my heroes. :wink:

HH,
Ramapirate

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... mine is a little more complicated! It would require permission from the Costa Rican government, as it's located off their coast and is a restricted area.
It's called Cocos Island... and is depository home of MANY different notable pirates and hoards of treasure. It's also the same island from the novel, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. It's also the same island of unclaimed Jurassic Park fame.

Anyway, I'd like to be able to set up an armed & guarded base camp and a hand-picked exploration team armed with 2-box detectors and group imaging detectors, as well as additional hard rock mining tools and 8 months of fully stocked supplies. I'd also like to have a treasure ship waiting offshore, like those used by the Odyssey Exploration fleet or a huge modern mega-yacht would work well also, if they had additional water vehicles stored on board the ship.

Ahhhh, big dreams....
If I only had a high ranking contact in Costa Rica & a close friend with deep pockets! :icon_pirat:

Bran <><

Eddie08

Jul 23, 2008
The beach on the Dry Tortuga islands next to the fort. Was there last year and there was a lot of tourists with a lot of bling swimming and laying around. Don't think there would be any artifacts but bet you would detect a lot of rings and jewlery. It's a state park in Florida so any MD is against the law.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EEgads, this is easy. Anywhere with Angelina Jolie. ;D

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL the Federal Protected National Forests, because with ALL the lost treasures in those areas that we can't detect or dig, the government knows SOMETHING, that is why they won't let us detect or dig!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
My first choice would be the middle east (during peacetime), probably Jerusalem and the sight of Solomans temple. Next would be CoCo's Island.

M

michigan michael

Sandman said:
EEgads, this is easy. Anywhere with Angelina Jolie. ;D
Hey Sandman......Anywhere with Angelina Jolie........ Let me know if you need a partner for that hunt ! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread