Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.JPG
Heres one for you. Nothing but maps showing Known ship wrecks longitude latitude ,ships name and cargo.
This is 'old school' lol....pre computers :)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what I need, ill have to search for a copy. Too cool RTR !!

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ...?

None of them are worth a bucket of cold spit. Do you know anyone that has ever found anything but rattlesnakes from a so called treasure book? Back in the 60s and 70s, I had every one ever written on the LDM. One day, I dropped them all in the garbage and went freestyle. Even Karl Von M. books are useless. Nothing but a bunch of mind numbing filler to make 200 pages. He made almost 300 pages, so that tells you how much crap is in his books! Sorry, just my not so humble opinion. So shoot me. I do make exception with Kenworthy. Kenworthy brought out some really good information that helped us to answer a few questions, which allowed us to take it all that much further. I know many think Kenworthy is not worthy, well, just goes to show how much they really know. Kenworthy is not the end all of Spanish Treasure knowledge. His information is to be built upon by many hours of research. That comes with much, much time out in the field, really, really far from your car. Like helicopter far from the car. Like losing toenails far from the car.
I like reading treasure books for the stories. What have you found since you threw away your books and lost your toenails, far from your car?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of them are worth a bucket of cold spit. Do you know anyone that has ever found anything but rattlesnakes from a so called treasure book? Back in the 60s and 70s, I had every one ever written on the LDM. One day, I dropped them all in the garbage and went freestyle. Even Karl Von M. books are useless. Nothing but a bunch of mind numbing filler to make 200 pages. He made almost 300 pages, so that tells you how much crap is in his books! Sorry, just my not so humble opinion. So shoot me. I do make exception with Kenworthy. Kenworthy brought out some really good information that helped us to answer a few questions, which allowed us to take it all that much further. I know many think Kenworthy is not worthy, well, just goes to show how much they really know. Kenworthy is not the end all of Spanish Treasure knowledge. His information is to be built upon by many hours of research. That comes with much, much time out in the field, really, really far from your car. Like helicopter far from the car. Like losing toenails far from the car.
Then here you go. 20180813_223231.jpeg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holyground......the treasure is sometimes the book itself. I cant imagine what a collection like the one you threw away might bring on the market today. Just because the subject matter isn't great in your mind , dosent mean that someone else wont pay good money for something you think is worthless. Just because I dont like comics dosent mean that I would throw it out when it might be a valuable piece. That is your perogative though, and thats fine with me. I understand your point about some of these books being nothing more than tourist trap crap with nothing based in reality, but some are also invaluable sources of information used by some of the most successful treasure salvors in the business. What im saying is that some of the stupid books you through in the trash have substantial value to collectors. Some of these books demand stupid money. If you go through the entire thread youll see theres much more than karl von m. On here and probably some books that your not familiar with because we dont all bushwack the south west. You cant tell me that marx, potter, and meylach havnt helped people find treasure. You know how I know thats true ????? Because that cob that is my avatar, and also made the banner board, I found with research from those three books. Ive had many conversations with 2 of those three author's and marx and meylach have helped me and encouraged me over the years. So weather you believe it or not some of these books hold very good credible information. You chose to throw out some valuable books, I personally would have sold them and bought silver or gold with the cash. Thats how you turn junk treasure books into real treasure. Oh well your loss brother !!

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC

I picked up a collection of reprinted newspapers about pirates, which were printed at the time the pirates were doing their dirty feeds. It's an interesting perspective. Not historic but actual news at the time. Also your local historical society often prints pamphlets or books that can be a great help to the metal detectorist/treasure hunter!

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_113703.jpg
    IMG_20180816_113703.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20180816_113838.jpg
    IMG_20180816_113838.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20180816_114318.jpg
    IMG_20180816_114318.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20180816_114225.jpg
    IMG_20180816_114225.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 111

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Not sure of my favorite but I still have my first treasure book.
True Stories of American Treasure by Dale M. Titler c1973
It has four parts. Buried Booty, Undersea Salvage, Real Pirate Treasure and Lure of the Lost Mines

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a collection of reprinted newspapers about pirates, which were printed at the time the pirates were doing their dirty feeds. It's an interesting perspective. Not historic but actual news at the time. Also your local historical society often prints pamphlets or books that can be a great help to the metal detectorist/treasure hunter!

Man thats cool. I guess the bottom album is actual pics. of particular school buildings. Thats a great resource !!

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to prove you can get lucky and find a good deal once in a while if you keep looking...I got lucky a few days ago and it only took 3 years to do it. The listing was for $20 or make an offer, needless to say I didn't mess around with making an offer. The first picture was the photo that showed up on the listing and my heart instantly stopped, then my finger hit the buy it now button. It arrived in the mail this morning and now is safely tucked away. I said in a previous post that im not a book collector, I just like to read them but I think I'm slowly becoming a hoarder. FB_IMG_1534785464524.jpeg 20180820_122054.jpeg

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to prove you can get lucky and find a good deal once in a while if you keep looking...I got lucky a few days ago and it only took 3 years to do it. The listing was for $20 or make an offer, needless to say I didn't mess around with making an offer. The first picture was the photo that showed up on the listing and my heart instantly stopped, then my finger hit the buy it now button. It arrived in the mail this morning and now is safely tucked away. I said in a previous post that im not a book collector, I just like to read them but I think I'm slowly becoming a hoarder. View attachment 1623738 View attachment 1623739
Congrats, you have a great collection for not being a collector!

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delivered Monday

Looking forward to reading it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_102010_kindlephoto-815131.jpg
    IMG_20180823_102010_kindlephoto-815131.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to here your review of that one mdj. Nice score, thats one id like to have since I live down here. Congrats and nice collection !!

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to here your review of that one mdj. Nice score, thats one id like to have since I live down here. Congrats and nice collection !!
I'm finishing up another book right now, and work 6 days a week, but I'll definitely post a review. The book is from 1962 and the pages are yellowed and dry. I guess they didn't know how to take the acid out of the paper yet. I'll have to be careful with this one.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen that one roger but it looks like a giant wish book of 1715 treasure.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen that one roger but it looks like a giant wish book of 1715 treasure.

Yeah ,looks like they have a few copies stashed away @ $65.00.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Just to prove you can get lucky and find a good deal once in a while if you keep looking...I got lucky a few days ago and it only took 3 years to do it. The listing was for $20 or make an offer, needless to say I didn't mess around with making an offer. The first picture was the photo that showed up on the listing and my heart instantly stopped, then my finger hit the buy it now button. It arrived in the mail this morning and now is safely tucked away. I said in a previous post that im not a book collector, I just like to read them but I think I'm slowly becoming a hoarder. View attachment 1623738 View attachment 1623739

Have to ask, what all was in that lot? Nice haul btw, Treasure of the Valley of Secrets made that deal pretty sweet...

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004

My suspicion is that Karl did more to put people onto treasures and treasure hunting than 99% of the authors, particularly of his era. Karl wasn't selling a false bill of goods. He showed how anyone could find small treasures and lots of them...then went on to show them how to improve their odds. Treasure Hunter Manuals 6 and 7 and Sudden Wealth are really the gold standard (pardon the pun) and anyone who says otherwise either hasn't read them or simply has no real clue about what it means to do good research, selecting worthwhile targets, and truly doing the fieldwork and preparation necessary to be anything but a guy who digs up pull tabs and clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions