Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few of my favorite ones that I use most. Im intrested in all types of treasure related books, and although I have quite a few on different subjects these are the most pertinent to my home area. photo-247.JPG
These were the ones right at hand and my go to books for my area. My job allows me to travel up and down the east coast frm the carribean to nova scotia and into the great lakes. I usally hit the bookstore as soon as we dock the boat. This allows me to learn about the area im in at the time and increases my chances of success with the limited amount of time I have in these areas. Im curious to see what other people are reading and into for there areas. Non fiction or even fiction land , sea , jungle, beach, mountains etc.etc.... mining, gem hunting, bottle digging, relic hunting, coin shooting etc etc... whatever you consider treasure hunting. Lets see what your favorites are. Here are 2 that showed up on the doorstep yesterday. photo-248.JPG
From treasure island to warmans feild guide to bottles lets see them. What are you treasure hunters out there reading ??? I know that I just posted a simalar thread, but the title seemed like it was not appropriate for what I was trying to convey.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• photo-249.JPG
    photo-249.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 290

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an ledger from Abraham Sancta Clara the barefoot Austrian Monk written from 1681 to 1684 that speaks of high valued trade convoys from Turkey to main Europe. It speaks of stash points and exactly what is at these spots, how to find the next spot from that one. I have only ever traced down one of the points, they are start with a single point, you get to that point and then you need to know what marker to look for and what key to use it against.

There are 502 spots listed, with the marker sign and the key you need. Took me about a year of research to just trace the first point as many locations are not what they used to be called, after I ended up going to where I thought it was, and it was it only took four days to follow everything to the end.

I have many treasure books, but this is my favourite one. I only came into it by mistake because I collect his Work and have a few that only one is known to exist. Had it for about a year before I had the book safely restored to a point that I felt it could be read. I was really shocked, and since then if I get more of his work I look at it right away just in case. Its not everyday you get instructions with item content.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread is getting really good, my 13 year old son can not get enough publications on Treasure hunting and Dredging.

So you guys are really helping me find him gifts. Just found and ordered a decent shape copy of the one Tom In CA mentioned for 4 bucks.

Hope it keeps going.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB... My fav out of you stash is the "Shipwrecks Of Florida".

Now... do you mean "non fiction" only ?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ledger from Abraham Sancta Clara the barefoot Austrian Monk written from 1681 to 1684 that speaks of high valued trade convoys from Turkey to main Europe. It speaks of stash points and exactly what is at these spots, how to find the next spot from that one. I have only ever traced down one of the points, they are start with a single point, you get to that point and then you need to know what marker to look for and what key to use it against.

There are 502 spots listed, with the marker sign and the key you need. Took me about a year of research to just trace the first point as many locations are not what they used to be called, after I ended up going to where I thought it was, and it was it only took four days to follow everything to the end.

I have many treasure books, but this is my favourite one. I only came into it by mistake because I collect his Work and have a few that only one is known to exist. Had it for about a year before I had the book safely restored to a point that I felt it could be read. I was really shocked, and since then if I get more of his work I look at it right away just in case. Its not everyday you get instructions with item content.

Oddjob that is truly incredible. What an awsome piece to have in your collection. That is one piece that is treasure in its own right !! It has to be worth a pretty penny. Im sure its priceless to you.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted these in the previous thread, but here are a few of my favorites. These specialize in the area I am currently in and the battles I am hunting:

books-relics.jpg books-relics2.jpg books-relics3.jpg books-relics4.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB... My fav out of you stash is the "Shipwrecks Of Florida".

Now... do you mean "non fiction" only ?

Hey AARC I like fiction too. I know you love the pyle art work, so do I. So stuff like treasure island left a huge impression on me very early on. So fiction or nonfiction its all good.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oddjob that is truly incredible. What an awsome piece to have in your collection. That is one piece that is treasure in its own right !! It has to be worth a pretty penny. Im sure its priceless to you.

A Sancta Clara works have always been a real treasure for me due to barefoot monks History and the fact that the Holy Sea would love to forget about him. LOL

As for price, my collection is valued well and insured, however this one falls under Priceless, which in European insurance terms means worth just enough to feel insulted if it ever had to be claimed. We have some great health care insurances but it stops there. LOL

Following that one out of the 502 listed was great, it was even better after I got to the end. I did not expect to find anything at all, not even the final location, so making it to the end was the real treasure, found some items that I know for a fact where not part of anything listed in the ledger but just finding the end made me happy.

Read many treasure hunting books, never once have I ever read the suggestion to readers that they should remain humble. I think that is one of the key things to staying involved, no one is going to go out intentionally first time and find a legend, so being humble and understanding that the quest and whatever you picked up along the way is treasure alone.

Anyway, great thread man. I was hurting for ideas to get my son for Christmas, I asked him and he said he had everything he wants and needs that he is aware of. I thought well that sucks, then he said he wanted to move to the US and get away from these people. LOL So we have a great collection of books, he thought he had all books already, but from your thread I am getting some more ideas.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AARC I like fiction too. I know you love the pyle art work, so do I. So stuff like treasure island left a huge impression on me very early on. So fiction or nonfiction its all good.

If you remember I had a thread called "floating gold" . In that thread oddjob mentioned a piece of work by kemp that was actually titled floating gold. Well years ago when I had ordered that book this is what came. photo-252.JPG
Not what I ordered. A fictional tale of ambergris with the same title by a different author. Even though it wasnt what I wanted I kept it and read it. It was on the subject and very informative, even though the storyline was made up. I loved it !!

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not a coin shooter, but this is the bible as far as I am concerned for those folks. I use it whenever I dig something silver I don't understand. lol. It is a blast to look through. very detailed. lots of information and great pics of actual coins. goes way back in time...

books-relics5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a coin shooter, but this is the bible as far as I am concerned for those folks. I use it whenever I dig something silver I don't understand. lol. It is a blast to look through. very detailed. lots of information and great pics of actual coins. goes way back in time...

View attachment 1387796

Dont get scott wrong he already has the 2017 edition. That is a must have for coin guys. Just traded my 2015 for another coin collecting book. Ill post it up

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dont get scott wrong he already has the 2017 edition. That is a must have for coin guys. Just traded my 2015 for another coin collecting book. Ill post it up

yes, made sure to get the latest edition. this is the biggest edition of the Mega Red. I had the smaller one and found this one. I returned the smaller edition. This book also contains the story of money and goes way back in time. Amazing level of detail. A must have for coin shooters. I am not a coin shooter though. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-253.JPG
Coffee table book, but a good one. This is the one I traded for my 2015 mega red. Pardon me im going to have to read it. It looks good.
photo-254.JPG
Dont mind the mako shark he lives on my carpet !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread