OP
OP
P

PAyoungin

Dec 8, 2006
Schuylkill County, PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Hopefully
Honestly even though the authenticity of the actual story is questionable that thread has some of the most valuable information in one place on all of treasurenet..its got so much great information for cache/house searching that i just had to read it over again haha

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ec247047.jpg
    ec247047.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 301
  • ec247047.jpg
    ec247047.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 302

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Very interesting story.
Wished I had been a member here back then, I could have offered some advice that may have helped this fellow out.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blacksheep said:
Just spent the last 45 minutes getting the gist of that thread, wish i would have
been a part of TNET at the time. :wink:

:D

Yep that's a Tnet CLASSIC. Yes--an EPIC thread. :D ::)

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
That thread was a sore point with some people around here for a while. I've read it three times myself. I Googled it. He lives pretty close to me (less than 15 minutes), although I have never met him personally. I actually believe the story and felt bad about the way he was treated. I wasn't a member back then and probably would have left too. Enjoy the reading of a classic thread and try to keep an open mind. Anything is possible...

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beekrock came back to postulate some "what ifs" in early 2007.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,67486.msg494339.html#msg494339
I never replied to it, just like I never got in on the first thread (I joined right after he quit posting and folks were arguing and wondering where he'd gone and why). People have some powerful beliefs and one hesitates to mess with that.
Even tho his final comment was pretty crappy, about "negative, jealous helpers" who are "still looking for dimes with $500 detectors" and "thinking about that enigmatic Beekrock character". I did some research and drew my conclusions pretty quickly, but have kept them to myself.
BUT the original thread WAS an 'epic tale' alright..............very creative and quite interesting. The most valuable part was the helpful information provided by all the experienced and imaginative T-Net members!!! That thread should be a reference for anyone involved in real estate treasure hunting!!!
Some expressed their admiration for playing it out so long, but Mark R. (beekrock) Beekman obviously has 'long term focus', just look at the (former) largest lite-brite sculpture in the world he fabricated in 2006/2007. Took him over a year to build it. It sold on eBay, Dec 4, 2008, under his old ID, jbbuysell for $4500 apparently earmarked for donation to the Milton & Catherine Hershey Heritage Foundation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230306358792
He still does art by commission if you want something................
BUSINESS LISTING:
Mark Beekman
MRB Promotions
2167 Pikeland Road
Malvern, PA 19355
PHONE. 610-202-0969
EMAIL: [email protected]

BUT, when not being an artist, he's working his own debt-collection company now, AND he had to borrow $18,500 to "expand" last year.
https://www.lendingclub.com/browse/loanDetail.action?loan_id=169453
WHAT IF he zipped through all the money he got from his "neighbor's hidden cache(s)", or it didn't turn out to be such a lucrative endeavor :icon_jokercolor:

I remember a lot of people were vicariously 'living the dream' after beekrock bailed............ imagining basking on some tropical island with more money than Bill Gates or Warren Buffet. Heck, most of us would settle for being like Jimmy Buffet!!!! ;D

There for a second I even thought he'd bought himself an island in the Bermuda area.......... :snorting: :snorting: :snorting:
http://www.traveljournals.net/explore/bermuda/map/p99361/beek_rock.html

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
note to self be nice to cybercop ALWAYS

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's a shame he's not here anymore :(

But it was Accusations that Drove him off :(

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, he really brought it on himself. He spun his yarn a little too high and wide, then even tho he had supporters he decided to crap on everybody, including them specifically, with that last post.
(reiterated here:) http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,67486.msg494339.html#msg494339
There's a heck of a lot more 'compromising' info I could have shared but didn't!! I even included the 'donation of artwork proceeds' story to
show something positive.

I guess the moral here would be not to borrow small sums of money to keep your business going on a publicly accessible Internet site if you're trying to convince everyone at TNet that you're so much better off than them and putting them down for questioning your honesty or motives!!!

Oh yeah, Smoked Bacon Sweater Vest (Elf), I would NEVER bother someone with such a cool TNet handle!!!!!! :icon_scratch: I know that's gotta be a story worth hearing!!!!! :wink:
It definitely sounds better than "loveboat" .................... ;D

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,93485.msg675386.html#msg675386

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• love.jpg
    love.jpg