$1,000 box of halves?

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Upvote 0
It is 2 $500 boxes, there is a $1000.00 minimum when they order so they have to order atleast 2 $500 boxes.

weighit said:
I just ordered a box of halves from a new bank andf the lady said they are $1,000 boxes. I said are you sure as in the past I always get $500 per box, and she said it will be $1,000. Has anyone else got a $1,000 box before? It is supposed to be in on Wednesday.

Let us know the outcome on Wednesday. :-)

Hope she didn't order presidential dollars by mistake.

ya, enamel7 is right, the gold dollars come in boxes of $1000.00.....if it is only one box it's probably those. but like everyone else said, post pics if it is a $1000.00 box of halves.

As suggested earlier , this may be a $1000. bag - rather than a box - or two boxes , I've had
some very good bags, and some not so good ones as well . happy hunting ! Argentium.

I'm going to stop by the bank tomorrow and make sure she isn't ordering dollar coins by mistake. If it is a 1000 dollar box I will take a picture and post it. Thanks for the replies and will keep ya all posted.

I went in and talked to the head teller about my order. I made sure she was ordering half dollar coins and not dollar. She said that Brinks is the delivery company and that since they are a small bank the minimum order is $1,000 two boxes of $500 each. She will call me in the afternoon tomorrow when they arrive. I asked if they had any other rolls and she said she had 3, so I bought them found 1 1967 keeper. She also said she had no problem ordering them for me as long as I don't return them to her. This could be a nice relationship.

Don't forget to take her donuts or something else thoughtful. Her job can be a wee bit on the thankless side. JP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back