Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe it, my ears are finally dry as it has been 10 years sometime this week since a casual work conversation sent me on a path I would have never expected. Even as much as I like some of the finds they are probably secondary to some of the other things which have happened as a result of this hobby. For one, the Detecting God has conquered the Rum devil, his little voice no longer talks to me. :thumbsup:

As for the finds I don't really know where to start. I am lucky to live in an area of North America that had a lot of early history, and even though I have only been at it ten years it was quite amazing how many of the early sites were left untouched. That being said, I can guarantee my digging buds and I have earned every last piece of metal with the time spent on research, driving, walking, and just general brain storming many hours. Those better pieces of metal you ask.... 17 Spanish silver (including a 1777 8 reale, 9 cobs & 1723 2 reale pistareen), some early French silver, rare local coin, few CTs, 1 VT, 1722 Rosa America Twopence, rare 1773 counterfeit Hibernia halfpenny, 1795 US LG cent, Cannonballs including a French 12 pounder, few trade axes, many Rev War buttons including some that were quite rare, other early early mil. buttons including 1812, Rev War Royal Provincials cartridge box plate, 1812 shoulder belt plate, Victorian gold snake ring, early French shoe/knee buckles, Early French bale seals, 1700s Masonic ring traced to the owner, musket parts, musket sling buckle, sword pommel, and the list goes on. (Things like plain buttons and everyday type relics are not included in the picture, there was many)

I get the credit for pulling the find out of the dirt, but it couldn't be done without all the people I hunted with over the years. I have had some pretty crazy ideas that sent us countless miles for nothing, but as many times as that has happened there was another time we came home after a great day of digging. Ok, time to grab my coffee and think about the next 10! :)

Attachments

• 10years1.jpg
    10years1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 4,075
  • 10years2.jpg
    10years2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,060
  • 10years3.jpg
    10years3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4,041
  • 10years8.jpg
    10years8.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 4,005
  • 10years7.jpg
    10years7.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 4,023
  • 10years6.jpg
    10years6.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,027
  • 10years5.jpg
    10years5.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,031
  • 10years4.jpg
    10years4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4,073
Upvote 0

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Ironpatch... you did amazingly well over the past 10 years... may you have another 50 years followed by that... Congrats.. I enjoy our digs when we get together and hope to be over soon..
Now if we can get you out of that creepy suit...just can't believe you get permission for your sites wearing it... ???

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2,819
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,818
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Well Ironpatch... you did amazingly well over the past 10 years... may you have another 50 years followed by that... Congrats.. I enjoy our digs when we get together and hope to be over soon..
Now if we can get you out of that creepy suit...just can't believe you get permission for your sites wearing it... ???

I only change into the suit once I enter the field to rescue the relics and coins! :thumbsup:

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009
10 years well spent I would say!!! Isn't it just mind boggling what comes out of the ground? If someone would have told you 10 years ago what finds you were going to make, you would have told them they were on glue!!.....Many more "firsts" to come! :headbang:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob (B.C.) said:
10 years well spent I would say!!! Isn't it just mind boggling what comes out of the ground? If someone would have told you 10 years ago what finds you were going to make, you would have told them they were on glue!!.....Many more "firsts" to come! :headbang:

...and had they told me 20 years ago I'd be a detecting computer geek who liked buttons I would have hit them!

Honestly... all I thought was out there to find was lg cents, silver dimes, George nickels, and the grail being a 20 center. Boy was I wrong!

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
It sure is neat to look back at 10 years of detecting, you have quite the pile of finds to show for your efforts. Not many of us can say we've done half as well as you, I know for sure I haven't. Imagine where you'd be in your life without detecting, the hobby has been good to you in every way. I'm looking forward to seeing 10 more years of finds, and who knows, maybe i'll be able to head out your way someday for a true colonial hunt!.

James.
HomesteadHunter.

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Are the majority of the pile of coins canadian tokens.i have yet to find one older than 1850.those are some amazing finds.

HH

Greg

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greg23 said:
Are the majority of the pile of coins canadian tokens.i have yet to find one older than 1850.those are some amazing finds.

HH

Greg

Combination of many types of large coppers. I've never actually figured the % but there is many tokens.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got to give you credit, Iron but that is one fine collection you have there. Well deserved and a lot of work and research, I'm sure. A five star rating in my book :notworthy:

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
great looking collection :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
i can tell you earned every piece!!!

Hidden_Realm

Oct 18, 2009
Niagara, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab
That's an amazing pile oh items for 10 years dude! I seen some first hand not long ago and you have made some killer finds during then. May the next 10 years be just as good if not a whole lot better there!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic digs! Thanks for saving so much history!!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
That sir is some amazing stuff :hello2:

I can only hope my 10 year detecting anniversary even comes remotely close (only been hunting since March 2008) :notworthy:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best Enfield bullet day.

Attachments

• bullets1.JPG
    bullets1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,694
  • bullets1.JPG
    bullets1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,691

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a collection IP. I do see several articles that I also have. I have a couple years to go yet, for my 10th, so maybe that gives me a chance to catch up with you. ;D Congrats and HH..................The Hoggester

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I think this is one of the better posts on the website. :o Don't know how I missed it untill today. :icon_scratch:

I hope in ten years I can make a post like this. :thumbsup:

By the way, whats the coin in the middle? :icon_scratch: :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread