Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe it, my ears are finally dry as it has been 10 years sometime this week since a casual work conversation sent me on a path I would have never expected. Even as much as I like some of the finds they are probably secondary to some of the other things which have happened as a result of this hobby. For one, the Detecting God has conquered the Rum devil, his little voice no longer talks to me. :thumbsup:

As for the finds I don't really know where to start. I am lucky to live in an area of North America that had a lot of early history, and even though I have only been at it ten years it was quite amazing how many of the early sites were left untouched. That being said, I can guarantee my digging buds and I have earned every last piece of metal with the time spent on research, driving, walking, and just general brain storming many hours. Those better pieces of metal you ask.... 17 Spanish silver (including a 1777 8 reale, 9 cobs & 1723 2 reale pistareen), some early French silver, rare local coin, few CTs, 1 VT, 1722 Rosa America Twopence, rare 1773 counterfeit Hibernia halfpenny, 1795 US LG cent, Cannonballs including a French 12 pounder, few trade axes, many Rev War buttons including some that were quite rare, other early early mil. buttons including 1812, Rev War Royal Provincials cartridge box plate, 1812 shoulder belt plate, Victorian gold snake ring, early French shoe/knee buckles, Early French bale seals, 1700s Masonic ring traced to the owner, musket parts, musket sling buckle, sword pommel, and the list goes on. (Things like plain buttons and everyday type relics are not included in the picture, there was many)

I get the credit for pulling the find out of the dirt, but it couldn't be done without all the people I hunted with over the years. I have had some pretty crazy ideas that sent us countless miles for nothing, but as many times as that has happened there was another time we came home after a great day of digging. Ok, time to grab my coffee and think about the next 10! :)

Attachments

• 10years1.jpg
    10years1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 4,075
  • 10years2.jpg
    10years2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,060
  • 10years3.jpg
    10years3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4,041
  • 10years8.jpg
    10years8.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 4,005
  • 10years7.jpg
    10years7.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 4,023
  • 10years6.jpg
    10years6.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,027
  • 10years5.jpg
    10years5.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,031
  • 10years4.jpg
    10years4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4,073
Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy:

Time and effort has clearly paid of with those remarkable finds :headbang: if you aint prepared to work for it...you won't find the goods :notworthy: Exellent :icon_thumleft:

SS

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wonderful stuff Iron patch! Well done! In trhe second to last picture bottom left corner, what is the time period of that sword pommel?

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome display of finds :hello2: :hello2:

Looks like you got keepers of all sorts. Knowing how many targets have to be dug to find keepers just proves you've enjoyed the hobby and done well over the years :icon_thumright: Thanks for posting and the pics speaks a thousand words :sunny: Keep at it :thumbsup:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man You got to love the detecting god! :headbang: I know since I was 13yrs old the drug devil had me up till just this past year. >:( and can't believe how clear my mine has got back to since I've stoped using.It's a wonder I still had one left :tongue3: :laughing9: IP I'm honored to see your fantastic finds and can only hope in 10 yrs I can come close to it. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I will sure try as long as I'm still able and willing.Hope you continued success and good health the same. :thumbsup:
Timekiller! :wav: :wav:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
Wonderful stuff Iron patch! Well done! In trhe second to last picture bottom left corner, what is the time period of that sword pommel?

All I can guess is late 18th century/early 19th century. Most finds dated early 1800s but that's not to say an earlier relic couldn't show up. I have never taken the time to try and match it to a sword.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wood floor :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:

Not really, it was ripped out of a friend's place because of water damage but survived ok so I got it cheap! It's good enough to walk on, that's about it. Oh... and maybe throw coins and relics on too. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:

Same as mine :D

IP, what's the coin in the middle?

Which one? There's about 2000 of them. :tongue3:

The one in the middle :icon_scratch:

If I can reconstruct the pile I'll take 17 measurements from the outer edge and post the coin that's in the middle. ok? ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:

If I can reconstruct the pile I'll take 17 measurements from the outer edge and post the coin that's in the middle. ok? ;D

Well yes, unless "middle" means something else in Canadian :D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:

Well yes, unless "middle" means something else in Canadian :D

Ok, I think I see the coin you're talking about. It's green right? :D It's a George copper, but not in very good condition. Or maybe you meant the coin to the right? :)

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never found one, however the snake buckle is a favorite of mine :hello2: What's the buckle buttom of same pic?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:
Never found one, however the snake buckle is a favorite of mine :hello2: What's the buckle buttom of same pic?

Snakes don't turn up often, my two buds and myself just have one each.

The bottom is the center piece of an early 1900s German buckle. About a baseball throw away I found a 1706 cob, can't get much different than those two. You can also throw in a 3rd American - NY Volunteers button. It was an interesting site.

Attachments

• snakeb.jpg
    snakeb.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3,772
  • gerb.jpg
    gerb.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,758

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
IronSpike said:

The bottom is the center piece of an early 1900s German buckle. About a baseball throw away I found a 1706 cob, can't get much different than those two. You can also throw in a 3rd American - NY Volunteers button. It was an interesting site.
That's one more than me IP :dontknow:

SS

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful collection, IP! There is really some incredible stuff there!

Now get that electrolysis tank going and get those VALUABLE trade axes preserved!

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
IronSpike said:

That's one more than me IP :dontknow:

SS

Really, never a snake buckle. I think it's just as interesting some of the things you guys haven't found, as it is some of the great stuff you have. Another one was Shaun saying he had never dug a Cartwheel. That was a surprise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread