Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe it, my ears are finally dry as it has been 10 years sometime this week since a casual work conversation sent me on a path I would have never expected. Even as much as I like some of the finds they are probably secondary to some of the other things which have happened as a result of this hobby. For one, the Detecting God has conquered the Rum devil, his little voice no longer talks to me. :thumbsup:

As for the finds I don't really know where to start. I am lucky to live in an area of North America that had a lot of early history, and even though I have only been at it ten years it was quite amazing how many of the early sites were left untouched. That being said, I can guarantee my digging buds and I have earned every last piece of metal with the time spent on research, driving, walking, and just general brain storming many hours. Those better pieces of metal you ask.... 17 Spanish silver (including a 1777 8 reale, 9 cobs & 1723 2 reale pistareen), some early French silver, rare local coin, few CTs, 1 VT, 1722 Rosa America Twopence, rare 1773 counterfeit Hibernia halfpenny, 1795 US LG cent, Cannonballs including a French 12 pounder, few trade axes, many Rev War buttons including some that were quite rare, other early early mil. buttons including 1812, Rev War Royal Provincials cartridge box plate, 1812 shoulder belt plate, Victorian gold snake ring, early French shoe/knee buckles, Early French bale seals, 1700s Masonic ring traced to the owner, musket parts, musket sling buckle, sword pommel, and the list goes on. (Things like plain buttons and everyday type relics are not included in the picture, there was many)

I get the credit for pulling the find out of the dirt, but it couldn't be done without all the people I hunted with over the years. I have had some pretty crazy ideas that sent us countless miles for nothing, but as many times as that has happened there was another time we came home after a great day of digging. Ok, time to grab my coffee and think about the next 10! :)

Attachments

• 10years1.jpg
    10years1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 4,075
  • 10years2.jpg
    10years2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,060
  • 10years3.jpg
    10years3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4,041
  • 10years4.jpg
    10years4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4,073
  • 10years5.jpg
    10years5.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,031
  • 10years6.jpg
    10years6.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,027
  • 10years7.jpg
    10years7.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 4,023
  • 10years8.jpg
    10years8.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 4,005
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again my hats off to ya,I too share a passion for a specific period,and it has passed obsession and has caused me to leave a bad habit or two along the way as well :thumbsup:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great collection .... :headbang:
not be tempted by the devil anymore .... is what I say. :wink:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

He thinks he is. :laughing9:

I am right until you and your bro can post a pile like that! :headbang:

I will consider you a ruffian when you post a 33.38-gg.1. :laughing9: You have to beat the odds on condition as well. ;D

That is just pocket change compared to my list of keepers. Deal with it. :laughing7:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

I will consider you a ruffian when you post a 33.38-gg.1. :laughing9: You have to beat the odds on condition as well. ;D

That is just pocket change compared to my list of keepers. Deal with it. :laughing7:

It still tops, in terms of value, all of your finds combined this year. Deal with it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

It still tops, in terms of value, all of your finds combined this year. Deal with it. :laughing7:

So you're going to pick 3 random weeks out of all my digging? Anything to think you have dug better! :laughing9:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

So you're going to pick 3 random weeks out of all my digging? Anything to think you have dug better! :laughing9:

Yup. ;D Remember, you had those marathon hunts while we were left waiting until our one-day hunt on the weekend.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

Yup. ;D Remember, you had those marathon hunts while we were left waiting until our one-day hunt on the weekend.

No, we have our marathon hunts while you guys fight each other to NOT hunt! :laughing7:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

No, we have our marathon hunts while you guys fight each other to NOT hunt! :laughing7:

Hey, we are heading out tomorrow for a hunt. Expect Colonial and some earlies to be dug. We are due and you know that, IP.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
gwdigger said:

Or when he can find a 1793 GW Ship Halfpenny that beat the odds. :laughing9: Live with it and love it, Patch. ;D

Kirk

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic 10 years of finds :icon_thumleft: i would settle for half that amount in 9 more years , lots of diggin :thumbsup: Dd60

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Incredible. Simply an incredible collection of early coins and relics. I checked your profile satellite map to see where you are located, and was surprised to see your just about right across the sound from me in Connecticut. I'm in Northport, Long Island. I wish there was a bridge, so it would be a lot easier to hunt some wide open spaces in New England.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread