What's new

15th Century silver. oldest spanish silver yet

I find it sad how a few naysayers can can completely change the mood in a given thread. The guy found what is probably one of the most amazing coins one could find here is the US, period. We are not all professional photographers, some of us are busy with you know life, and others just want to share their finds. The disbelief lies in the fact that this find is AMAZING, and should be up top.
I'm voting banner.

I agree and I am ready to ban those members that keep this up. Members are tired of them and their negativity.
 
I think there has been a misunderstanding. I believe that the order of what happen was;
slowwevo was vague about when it was found
Jeff assumed it was an older find & explained the rule on these
slowwevo than clarified it was a more recent find

Although Jeff has yet to respond, I don't think he will say its out of the running - correct?

pretty much correct,except,I wasn't being vague,i was leaving for cali,started writing the thread,then started having issues when trying to post the pics,turns out my HD was on its way out,after teamviewer was fixed on my 2nd computer,i was able to upload,wasnt able to get better shots till I got back
 
Incredible find,banner/smanner,the thrill of pulling that baby from the hole is priceless!..on to the next find.congrats

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 


Honestly I see no real accusations Here.
 
Ones I'm referring to have already been deleted..
 
& no I did not think this was an Older Find.

we made a rule a while Back, Forgive me if I don't go search for it.
The rule is, If additional pics & details are requested & ignored
the Find is Exempt from Banner.

Since then I have Fine tuned it Here

#65 http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/365420-banners-2.html

So far it has not Earned banner & Multi Banner Votes by the same members
still only count as 1 .

If/when it earns banner I will be glad to review what Pictures were Submitted,
and Decide if one of them will look good up there
 
Awesome find, thanks for sharing
 
Is there any reason that a banner button is not on the mobile app? I think most of us are on our phones 90% of the time we view the site. I know I am. Maybe there is a good reason, but it definitely keeps me from voting except for the rare times I'm on my laptop.
 
I know you can use a mobile browser like puffin,it cost 2 bucks I think,but it has some version of flash and the little red button is there,just a thought
 
Erik I think you just want to know where the Fountain of Youth is. Don't tell him Slow.

I had a discussion with a tnet member on the phone recently about in situ pics. I dug some dirt in my flowerbed and put my wedding ring In dirt and sent him pic saying OK I just found this. Never really understood what it proves or disproves. Just my opinion.
I for one just enjoy seeing the differences in the dirty and cleaned pics. Sometimes I'm amazed at the difference and it also helps others to learn and choose the method that they like the results of best. And for me personally, the dirty pics are usually my favorite ones to look back on. It takes me back to that moment. Obviously it's a personal choice whether we share them with others or not. Just my 2 cents. I love the before and afters
 
I for one just enjoy seeing the differences in the dirty and cleaned pics. Sometimes I'm amazed at the difference and it also helps others to learn and choose the method that they like the results of best. And for me personally, the dirty pics are usually my favorite ones to look back on. It takes me back to that moment. Obviously it's a personal choice whether we share them with others or not. Just my 2 cents. I love the before and afters

I like in situ pictures of tree coins with embedded GPS coordinates the best! Now if I can only find time to drive up to Maine.....
 
I like in situ pictures of tree coins with embedded GPS coordinates the best! Now if I can only find time to drive up to Maine.....

Abe has that place booby trapped...were talking Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom caliber traps.
 
man that is something ! What other relics did you dig ?
 
gold, silver, copper, pottery, garbage...you know the usual colonial digs,this particular site has produced finds from the late 1490's ruffly to present day
 
gold, silver, copper, pottery, garbage...you know the usual colonial digs,this particular site has produced finds from the late 1490's ruffly to present day

Can you clarify the finds from the 1490s? Because a coin dated 1490s doesn't date a site, but I guess you know that.
 
yes I know that,to clarify this real is a no date 1497-1504 issue,so that's where the ruffly comes in,I will say again it "could of" come from de leon in 1512,it could of been a crew before or after him,i don't believe I said it was likely from him,like some have claimed I said

No worries, I thought you may have had other items, but knew it was a long shot because they are impossible to date that accurately. Just like a coin doesn't mean alot on its own without coming from a sealed context(Dated Archaeological layer).
 
yea this is the earliest from this site,fast forward 50 plus years,and the bulk of my finds here fall in the 1555-1590's,which lines it up with when the S.L. colony was built
 
yea this is the earliest from this site,fast forward 50 plus years,and the bulk of my finds here fall in the 1555-1590's,which lines it up with when the S.L. colony was built

Can you post some of those finds? Love to see those!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom