What's new

15th Century silver. oldest spanish silver yet

sorry I have been busy, if you look on the first page ,the info is there,but i'll post it again, 1497-1504 2 real -Seville mint-

OK thanks. Is that range like the Uk & a 'Mint Mark', Date Range?

Wether its 1500s or not its an epic find!
 
That is an INSANE find. Congratulations!!!!!!!!
 
The great thing about this particular coin is that if it was found in the ocean, and encrusted with coral there wouldn't be such great detail. Cleaning obscures sometimes and it is recommended to leave coral on cob coins. Makes this an even better land find.
 
Excellent quality fakes exist of most items, I suggest you get your coin authenticated. I'll quickly add that I see no reason to doubt its authenticity; but I'd certainly want it authenticated to confirm my belief that it is real.
Don........
 
Wow, great coin! FYI, 1500 would technically be the last year of the 15th century, so all else being equal there's a 50/50 chance it does indeed come from that most elusive of centuries. Super cool!
 
I hate to say it man, but better pics may be a must. Bigger with another coin for size comparison.
 
Excellent quality fakes exist of most items, I suggest you get your coin authenticated. I'll quickly add that I see no reason to doubt its authenticity; but I'd certainly want it authenticated to confirm my belief that it is real.
Don........
Showed it to some locals before I left.they also saw nothing of concern.thanks
 
wow, that is outstanding. congrats!
 
. I can do that when I'm back probably a week or so.bro the obsidian points are crazy out here.

Like to see some of your obsidian finds. The workmanship on that material is amazing.
 
My knowledge on old coins like that is possibly next to non existing but I love the way that coin looks !! :occasion14: :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello: :tchest: :love10: :icon_salut:
 
Congrats on an amazing, awesome and rare find and especially so, since it was found here in the good old United States! My Banner vote is going in right after this posting. You know, the only things that I have found that are that old, are rocks...Gems...Gold...dirt and maybe a few trees.;D


Frank
 
Still shocked this didn't make it up too. I know it's been a crazy summer chock full of sweet finds but if I found that I'd be pretty heartbroken that it never made it. Banner shopping is frowned on but wow that's an unreal find.
 
I will never understand why the really great finds seem to take forever or never hit banner while the novice finds hit banner overnight. Crazy world we live in.
 
Would a find without banner be not just as sweet a find? Lol
 
Would a find without banner be not just as sweet a find? Lol

Excellent observation Mr. Scrappy. The item's value is intrinsic, as opposed to ascribed by the issuance of a banner.

Perhaps we should all reflect upon this for just a minute.

Killer coin Slow! Nice nice nice.
 
Now that's an old silver.

Congrats.
 
Awesome find!

Banner voted, maybe that'll push it to over!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom