What's new

15th Century silver. oldest spanish silver yet

Just wanted to clarify.I posted this because I was asked to by a member here.I can care less about the banner.I know it's huge significance. If others here can't see it .so be it.I posted it for the ppl who comment..not the banner
 
Slowwevo, this is an outstanding find for the States! :icon_thumleft: Banner worthy for exact that reason. Big congrats to you!


OK thanks. Is that range like the Uk & a 'Mint Mark', Date Range?

Wether its 1500s or not its an epic find!

Looks like an Fernando V & Isabel I to me. These were minted without date. Posted one on here some time ago. More info here: CoinArchives.com Search Results : isabel and fernando
 
Just wanted to clarify.I posted this because I was asked to by a member here.I can care less about the banner.I know it's huge significance. If others here can't see it .so be it.I posted it for the ppl who comment..not the banner

Good attitude :thumbsup: I take it, this is why when you found it,
you did not supply plenty of pics of it & the days finds to choose From.
and inspire member voting when it was still a new find.
(which should be mandatory for Banner inclusion from now on)
it was still a good addition to your collection.

Anyway Maybe next find :dontknow:
 
Last edited:
You know, I basically only use the T-net app on my iPad/phone. There is no banner shown, and there isn't even an option to vote. Making the banner is cool, but really what's the difference? I guess it's a status thing. I'm always just trying to find something better than the last time I was out detecting.
 
I will never understand why the really great finds seem to take forever or never hit banner while the novice finds hit banner overnight. Crazy world we live in.

Not sure what a novice banner find is. I don't see anything up there that is coming out of the ground or water on a regular basis that no one would want in their collection. I don't know if this coin is authentic but don't really care. I would love to dig it and have it in my collection. Banner vote cast
 
Not sure what a novice banner find is. I don't see anything up there that is coming out of the ground or water on a regular basis that no one would want in their collection. I don't know if this coin is authentic but don't really care. I would love to dig it and have it in my collection. Banner vote cast

" Novice banner " seems to be an attack on other items that did qualify for banner :(
usually made out of jealousy.
let's not destroy this thread the way others have been :unhappysmiley:
 
Last edited:
I will never understand why the really great finds seem to take forever or never hit banner while the novice finds hit banner overnight. Crazy world we live in.
Attacking finds on the banner is getting REAL old.
 
Good attitude :thumbsup: I take it, this is why when you found it,
you did not supply plenty of pics of it & the days finds to choose From.
and inspire member voting when it was still a new find.
(which should be mandatory for Banner inclusion from now on)
it was still a good addition to your collection.

Anyway Maybe next find :dontknow:

im back,jeff when i posted this at the request of another, this find was 3 days fresh...Sorry this no longer fits banner requirements. This could of very well come from ponce de leon or one of his crew,so yea I'll live
 
heres a better pic of the front,and as a bonus for tnmoutain some rocks that show the type of material we are finding out there

Enjoy
 
Last edited:
im back,jeff when i posted this at the request of another, this find was 3 days fresh...Sorry this no longer fits banner requirements. This could of very well come from ponce de leon or one of his crew,so yea I'll live

So, let's say I find Blackbeard's buried treasure on Sunday afternoon, but that night my wife gives birth to triplets two months early and I can't post the find until Wednesday. I'm out of the running? Lots of us have demanding jobs, kids and other responsibilities (keeping wifey happy!) and may not have the chance to craft a compelling story and take nice pics then upload them within 24 hours. What's the cutoff? I'm glad the OP doesn't care about banner so it doesn't bother him. What would be gratifying for me about making it if I were in his position would be the recognition among my peers of the ultra rarity of this find more than the desire to stroke my own ego. Hopefully someday I'll find something that has a chance!
 
So, let's say I find Blackbeard's buried treasure on Sunday afternoon, but that night my wife gives birth to triplets two months early and I can't post the find until Wednesday. I'm out of the running? Lots of us have demanding jobs, kids and other responsibilities (keeping wifey happy!) and may not have the chance to craft a compelling story and take nice pics then upload them within 24 hours. What's the cutoff? I'm glad the OP doesn't care about banner so it doesn't bother him. What would be gratifying for me about making it if I were in his position would be the recognition among my peers of the ultra rarity of this find more than the desire to stroke my own ego. Hopefully someday I'll find something that has a chance!

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I believe that the order of what happen was;
slowwevo was vague about when it was found
Jeff assumed it was an older find & explained the rule on these
slowwevo than clarified it was a more recent find

Although Jeff has yet to respond, I don't think he will say its out of the running - correct?
 
I too would have liked some in-situ shots.

Like Abe's tree coin (in-situ) pic with 300 year old dirt still clinging made me drool. It almost put me right there...in the quiet forest of Maine where carnage had taken place. Old silver shining through the dirt...

It livened my imagination to say the least.
 
Erik I think you just want to know where the Fountain of Youth is. Don't tell him Slow.

I had a discussion with a tnet member on the phone recently about in situ pics. I dug some dirt in my flowerbed and put my wedding ring In dirt and sent him pic saying OK I just found this. Never really understood what it proves or disproves. Just my opinion.
 
Last edited:
I find it sad how a few naysayers can can completely change the mood in a given thread. The guy found what is probably one of the most amazing coins one could find here is the US, period. We are not all professional photographers, some of us are busy with you know life, and others just want to share their finds. The disbelief lies in the fact that this find is AMAZING, and should be up top.
I'm voting banner.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom