What's new

160 years old and she is a beautiful lady....

cdv1

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
766
Reaction score
678
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have had to many Nitro's lately....to many gold plated silver rings for my taste. So today when I found what looked like a gold coin ring, I just put it in my pouch and kept on hunting....well for 20 yards then I pulled it back out to look at.... and still didn't believe it was real, not with my luck with plated stuff. Well, I got home, did some research, tested the ring itself and I am now willing to go out on a limb and say I FOUND A GOLD COIN RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Size of the coin is right, ring tested at 18k or just slightly less than.... the ring has no hallmarks, or k markings in it so that is another thing that was bothering me till I did the acid test.... Due to the ring, I can't see if there is a mint mark which could make the coin more valuable but it is pretty rough on the face of the coin. the back of the coin seems to be in really good shape....
Interesting thing is I chased that signal for 5 scoops in neck deep water on an out going tide....it didn't come easy but I'm glad I stuck at that signal!
Total weight of the ring is 6.1 grams....
Here are some pics, hope they show up well enough.....First picture seems red but that is not the color of the coin, apparently some ambient lighting or reflection that I didn't see.
HH
Cliff
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1201.webp
    IMG_1201.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1202.webp
    IMG_1202.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1204sm.webp
    IMG_1204sm.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0
Hey thats FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to stick with the recovery! Drives me nuts when a target gets a way!!!
Very cool looking ring!!!:blob8:


SnT
 
Wow, 18k gold, and a gold coin what a combo, that's one way to check a gold coin off of your Gotta Find List!!!!!!
 
nice find congrats HH
 
Great find! You've made my day, just as the ring made yours. Congraduations
 
Man that is another Banner find...congrads on this one.....:icon_thumleft:
 
Two for the price of one!:hello2:
 
Great Find Cliff it looks like a winner, HH
 
:icon_thumleft:
congrats on the great ring...keep up the good work

hh herb
 
Gold coin and gold ring at one time...congrats.
 
Congrats Cliff... nice coin... just like the one I found last year... hope it makes the banner my friend... My vote is there
 
Yes! She is a beautiful lady... Congratulations.
 
Thanks for all the great comments everyone.... back out today, of course, lightening can't strike twice......can it????

HH and GL all
Cliff
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom