1740 2 reale!

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all - Wow! Met a friend and headed out, was a slow morning. I got an iffy signal and realized the signal was on the side of a previous detectorists plug.

I popped it and cut a small extention plug, reached down about 6 inches and pulled a handful of earth out, took the Garrett Carrot and verified I got the target out of the hole. Before I revealed the target I grabbed the ATP and gave it a swing...

85, 85, 85, 85. I couldn't believe what I saw when I moved the dirt.

Now the question, clean it - leave it? Get it graded? Lol. I'm just overwhelmed right now, my oldest coin and first Spanish silver!

Enjoy!
05127a2898ce13e5a341266e07c88ffb.jpg

6c510744dcb67e89a97203aae5e47718.jpg

3c8d8e1f0dfb55df5e8087750e98ab84.jpg
cc3c24e1a48df8153f4456b8019613f6.jpg
cf35c38d1c7f1fccee7cd9371e4ded7a.jpg

Upvote 36
Awesome find!!! It's all person opinion on cleaning your coin. I've left all my spanish silver uncleaned. So maybe one rainy day I'll want to clean them. You must be on cloud 9 right now. There's no better feeling!! Congrats!!

Beautiful 2-reale coin you got! Pillars, strong Mexico City mintmark, what else could a detectorist ask for?!?!

Congrats on an oldie!

Steve

Killer find! I do a quick lemon juice bath on my spanish silvers

Wow. What a find!, nothing beats the feeling of getting a nice OLD spanish silver!, I'd say you look a bit excited, as you should!, soak it up, it's a great feeling, welcome to the club!

Congrats again!!

That's how you get into the game! :thumbsup:

Warm soapy water and some light brushing, throw in a 2x2, and look for the next!

All these reales this weekend I'm so jealous lol

Congrats on that reale. :occasion14: I bet it was hard to sleep last night.

Super find ! Don't look like it needs cleaning--:occasion14:

What a great find, looking at the coin there's quite a bit of rust stains so maybe the previous digger just pulled the iron and left the silver for you.Congrats you look like one very happy camper.

Beautiful! It's nice to know there are coins like that just waiting to be found. If I ever find one of those, I won't sleep for a week. Congrats!

Awesome find! Congrats!

Well that's what happens when you don't recheck the hole.

I know that I would have that look on my mug for a week if I found Spanish that was not cut.into pieces.Super great dig on one somebody missed.

Thanks all, I think I will give it a quick lemon bath and soapy water to take the layer of crud off - I keep pulling my phone out at work to take a peak at the picture :-P

Thanks for the kind words, and remember - double check your holes - and chase those iffy signals!

Boy that is a realenice coin you have there!!! Awesome find for sure!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back