What's new

1753 PILLAR One Reale (NEW PICS)

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
:headbang: :headbang: Yes!! the J-team(Sentinel and myself) scored our second 1753 pillar one reale in two weeks ;D (Josh's was in comparable shape, but holed) This was found at a NEW site which is nothing more than a big vacant lot in the middle of town... I dug somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 pieces of trash, but knew it would pay off since it was both a union and confederate camp.. I was more than shocked to see spanish silver come out of the ground today. It gave a copper penny reading at 4 inches and when I popped the plug the signal disappeared. I looked down and removed a small piece of iron and BAM the signal was back.. Expecting to reach down and pick up my 1970 penny, I couldn't believe the silver disc I was looking at.. Also today, I dug my first Enfield bullet along with 4 .69 caliber bullets and a few other odds and ends..


NEW PICS-Mine on LEFT, Josh's on RIGHT (notice we have different mintmarks.. mine is mexico city and Josh's has an I w/ a dot over it next to an M ??? ) Thank you MackayDon :headbang: :headbang: The mintmark on Josh's is Lima, Peru :headbang:
IMG_0088.webp
IMG_0089.webp



1753 one reale before cleaning
IMG_0059.webp

IMG_0060.webp

Group shot before clean
IMG_0058.webp

1 Enfield, 4 .69 caliber bullets, 1 .58 cal, 4 musketballs, 1 Spencer casing
IMG_0067.webp

lantern parts
IMG_0071.webp

unknown brass ???
IMG_0072.webp

IMG_0073.webp

silver after cleaning
IMG_0062.webp

IMG_0064.webp

IMG_0066.webp


:icon_thumleft: HH Jeff
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Yeap, I told you that spot of mine would produce for us :headbang: :wink: Super sweet finds for ANY day. That's
a very respectable amount of Civil War bullets and a Reale to boot! ;D :wink:
BTW, that's a Toe tap (the brass w/ holes in it)....I told you that earlier but I don't think you heard me b/c of the T.V.. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We've been on a roll and it continues!

P.S.--thats hilarious that its the same denomination and the same year :laughing7: :D :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

The PA Bros :laughing9: :laughing9: Wonder how they did today.. I think the J-team will compete well with KKC and the 2 Iron Brigades this year :thumbsup:

{Sentinel} said:
Yeap, I told you that spot of mine would produce for us :headbang: :wink: Super sweet finds for ANY day. That's
a very respectable amount of Civil War bullets and a Reale to boot! ;D :wink:
BTW, that's a Toe tap (the brass w/ holes in it)....I told you that earlier but I don't think you heard me b/c of the T.V.. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We've been on a roll and it continues!

That's right, you did tell me it was a toe tap.. my bad bud :laughing7: Look forward to getting back out there with you tomorrow :o
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

The PA Bros :laughing9: :laughing9: Wonder how they did today.. I think the J-team will compete well with KKC and the 2 Iron Brigades this year :thumbsup:

{Sentinel} said:
Yeap, I told you that spot of mine would produce for us :headbang: :wink: Super sweet finds for ANY day. That's
a very respectable amount of Civil War bullets and a Reale to boot! ;D :wink:
BTW, that's a Toe tap (the brass w/ holes in it)....I told you that earlier but I don't think you heard me b/c of the T.V.. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We've been on a roll and it continues!

That's right, you did tell me it was a toe tap.. my bad bud :laughing7: Look forward to getting back out there with you tomorrow :o



You're too one dimensional x 2 .... so how could you ever compete being limited to Spanish silver and Confederate buttons? :tongue3: I might as well have the Iron Bros trophy engraved right now. ;D
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

WooooHOOOOOO, you dug what we all seek every weekend! :headbang: :notworthy: The J-Team is top-notch and will compete with KKC. :dontknow: :headbang: We hunt the same kind of sites, so it will be fun to see who finds what. You guys have always been my friends on here and I hope you all have a great year. It looks to be a dandy already!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

That is one awesome silver! GOOD JOB! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Thanks fellas... Kirk, that was the last thing I expected to see today.. gotta love md'ing :laughing7:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

The PA Bros :laughing9: :laughing9: Wonder how they did today.. I think the J-team will compete well with KKC and the 2 Iron Brigades this year :thumbsup:

{Sentinel} said:
Yeap, I told you that spot of mine would produce for us :headbang: :wink: Super sweet finds for ANY day. That's
a very respectable amount of Civil War bullets and a Reale to boot! ;D :wink:
BTW, that's a Toe tap (the brass w/ holes in it)....I told you that earlier but I don't think you heard me b/c of the T.V.. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We've been on a roll and it continues!

That's right, you did tell me it was a toe tap.. my bad bud :laughing7: Look forward to getting back out there with you tomorrow :o



You're too one dimensional x 2 .... so how could you ever compete being limited to Spanish silver and Confederate buttons? :tongue3: I might as well have the Iron Bros trophy engraved right now. ;D

:laughing9: :laughing9: decent dimensions but the trophy is ours :hello2:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Great coin, great find!
On the obverse at the top "VTRA QUE VNUM" is Latin for "both are one", meaning that both worlds, the Americas and Asia/Europe shown on the two crowned globes, are in reality one world.
Don.......
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

SWEEEEEEET milled pillar, Jeff! The J-Team has been rocking the Colonial dirt lately! You guys make one heck of a team! :notworthy:

Kyle
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Mackaydon said:
Great coin, great find!
On the obverse at the top "VTRA QUE VNUM" is Latin for "both are one", meaning that both worlds, the Americas and Asia/Europe shown on the two crowned globes, are in reality one world.
Don.......

thanks for that info Don! Very cool
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

KylePA said:
SWEEEEEEET milled pillar, Jeff! The J-Team has been rocking the Colonial dirt lately! You guys make one heck of a team! :notworthy:

Kyle

thanks kyle.. Kkc's not too shabby either :laughing9:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

WTG Jeff!!! You definitely have a HOT HAND lately. I figured Josh would recognize the toe tap. Does your Enfield have a base mark in the cavity? Congrats, Quindy.
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Jeff!!! You definitely have a HOT HAND lately. I figured Josh would recognize the toe tap. Does your Enfield have a base mark in the cavity? Congrats, Quindy.

thanks quindy, no mark in the base unfortunately
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Are you sure that's 1753 and not 1793? Either way it's a great find!
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

incajoe said:
Are you sure that's 1753 and not 1793? Either way it's a great find!

ya, the king is fernando VI i think which is right for that date.. Some of the numbers on those coins can be peculiar
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom