What's new

1753 PILLAR One Reale (NEW PICS)

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
:headbang: :headbang: Yes!! the J-team(Sentinel and myself) scored our second 1753 pillar one reale in two weeks ;D (Josh's was in comparable shape, but holed) This was found at a NEW site which is nothing more than a big vacant lot in the middle of town... I dug somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 pieces of trash, but knew it would pay off since it was both a union and confederate camp.. I was more than shocked to see spanish silver come out of the ground today. It gave a copper penny reading at 4 inches and when I popped the plug the signal disappeared. I looked down and removed a small piece of iron and BAM the signal was back.. Expecting to reach down and pick up my 1970 penny, I couldn't believe the silver disc I was looking at.. Also today, I dug my first Enfield bullet along with 4 .69 caliber bullets and a few other odds and ends..


NEW PICS-Mine on LEFT, Josh's on RIGHT (notice we have different mintmarks.. mine is mexico city and Josh's has an I w/ a dot over it next to an M ??? ) Thank you MackayDon :headbang: :headbang: The mintmark on Josh's is Lima, Peru :headbang:
IMG_0088.webp
IMG_0089.webp



1753 one reale before cleaning
IMG_0059.webp

IMG_0060.webp

Group shot before clean
IMG_0058.webp

1 Enfield, 4 .69 caliber bullets, 1 .58 cal, 4 musketballs, 1 Spencer casing
IMG_0067.webp

lantern parts
IMG_0071.webp

unknown brass ???
IMG_0072.webp

IMG_0073.webp

silver after cleaning
IMG_0062.webp

IMG_0064.webp

IMG_0066.webp


:icon_thumleft: HH Jeff
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Kirk PA said:
WooooHOOOOOO, you dug what we all seek every weekend! :headbang: :notworthy: The J-Team is top-notch and will compete with KKC. :dontknow: :headbang: We hunt the same kind of sites, so it will be fun to see who finds what. You guys have always been my friends on here and I hope you all have a great year. It looks to be a dandy already!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Thanks Kirk, you know it! We've been friends since the beginning of TNet and will be for a long time to come......

A little friendly competition is good for both KKC and J-Team ;D :wink: It's funny that we went out to a site last

week and I dug the SAME EXACT type of reale with the same date! Here it is:

You can clearly see this is a different Reale as its holed....Jeff's isn't
1753 Pillar Reale (3).webp
1753 Pillar Reale (4).webp
P1010953.webp
Go figure...its pretty nuts

Me and Jeff have definitely been on a steak the past 3 weeks.....you know how it goes....you're either on fire or your

in the slump......but its always great to start the season off with a bang :wink:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Jeff!!! You definitely have a HOT HAND lately. I figured Josh would recognize the toe tap. Does your Enfield have a base mark in the cavity? Congrats, Quindy.

I did tell him....I knew EXACTLY what it was ;D :wink:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Good finds for you. Sounds like your persistence is paying off big time. I am learning I need more to start making the good finds as well. Watching guys like you just keeps my fire burning and my patience high.
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

the brass piece with the holes under it with the lantern parts.....i found that exact piece at a colonial homesite in east TN i never was able to figure out what it was
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

Actually,,,,his last silver was a Seated Half Dime.. ;D ;D not too shabby....I would've preferred that almost more than

the KG Ferdin One Reale that I dug the same day ;D :wink: :wink: :wink:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Sweet Reale! :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Nice finds, Spanish silver is always sweeet!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

DMN said:
Good finds for you. Sounds like your persistence is paying off big time. I am learning I need more to start making the good finds as well. Watching guys like you just keeps my fire burning and my patience high.

Thank you, I appreciate this reply.. It's always nice to hear from someone that I'm an inspiration :thumbsup: Keep at it, it's all about persistance and not expecting anything.. Everytime I expect a site to be amazing, it's a dead end and the ones I just come across by luck turn out to have nice things.. ;D
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

congrats Jeff!! awesome coin!
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

cntrydncr1 said:
congrats Jeff!! awesome coin!

thank u deb, i told u there wouldnt be any metal left in the ground when u got here :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

{Sentinel} said:
Iron Patch said:
You're a Spanish silver machine! :thumbsup: Some days you have to work harder than others but all that matters in the end is the post showing who the boss is. ;D The PA Bros will probably be calling me Mr. Trump very soon. :thumbsup:

Actually,,,,his last silver was a Seated Half Dime.. ;D ;D not too shabby....I would've preferred that almost more than

the KG Ferdin One Reale that I dug the same day ;D :wink: :wink: :wink:

No need to explain yourself, its just IP :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Ya gotta love finding them reales !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

Good One buddy and in a place you didn't exspect it to be. Gotta like that! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: You two have been doing very well swinging them detectors lately. :thumbsup:
Pete! :hello:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

You guys are tearing it up!! Nice digs!! Keep it up!! Any base mark on that Enfield?

Sneaky6
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

timekiller said:
Good One buddy and in a place you didn't exspect it to be. Gotta like that! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: You two have been doing very well swinging them detectors lately. :thumbsup:
Pete! :hello:

Thanks Pete, we've been very fortunate as of late.. Anytime you can come up with some quality finds without having to do any research feels good. :D Good to hear from you

sneaky6 said:
You guys are tearing it up!! Nice digs!! Keep it up!! Any base mark on that Enfield?

Sneaky6

unfortunately no marks :-\ Thanks for the compliment :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

:o Fantastic relics & the silver coin is reale nice :tongue3: Happy Easter :icon_pirat:
 
Re: 1753 PILLAR One Reale

CMDiamonddawg said:
:o Fantastic relics & the silver coin is reale nice :tongue3: Happy Easter :icon_pirat:

The t-net jester chimes in :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Thanks Dawg, Happy Easter right back at you
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom