What's new

***1793 CHAIN CENT*** A SWEET 7 COPPER DAY!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't even know where to start Frank picked me up & we headed back to a cellar hole that produced last time there (Roger got 2 nice Ct coppers ,frank got a nova constellatio & i dug a Ct & a 1722 french coin.
Today was no exception right off the bat Ct's started poppin, then a 1793 chain cent! a few more coppers.frank got a KG then i got the shoe buckle.after hours there we decided to hit another site we just eyeballed on side of road.another shoe buckle this one being iron and a 1807 draped bust LC. what a day!
kinda afraid to clean this chain cent anymore.has blackish gritty gunk on it.any suggestions or should i submit this to be professionally cleaned and slabbed?
also frank dug this cannonball.could this thing be live?notice the hole in center?
so all in all i dug 3 CT coppers,1 draped bust,1 chain cent & 2 smoothies.the 1793 is the rarer variety with AMERI in legend.
 

Attachments

  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 020.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 020.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 6,350
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 043.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 043.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 6,110
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 026.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 026.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 6,143
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 027.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 027.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 6,234
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 022.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 022.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 6,215
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 021.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 021.webp
    26 KB · Views: 6,210
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 6,553
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 001.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 001.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 6,263
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 005.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 005.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 6,309
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 028.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 028.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 6,128
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 045.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 045.webp
    44 KB · Views: 6,081
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 044.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 044.webp
    37 KB · Views: 6,109
Upvote 10
Fantasticly Awesome Recoveries :o
You got skills :hello2:
of course it will get another vote from me ;D
No need, it's a;lready there! Congrats on a heartpounding (even for me!) hunt !!
 
What a fantastic day, congratulations.
 
Now that's a good day of hunting Dave!!! :hello2:

Congratulations on making BANNER for your 1793 CHAIN CENT find!!! :notworthy:

I really like this buckle too! :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend . . . though I bet it's going to be a lot better now! :D

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Buckle.webp
    Buckle.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 5,062
thanks guys for all the banner votes! what a rush to dig this.
any thoughts on Frank's cannon ball? i told him don't leave it the house but would really love some feedback on it please. could this be a live round :dontknow: that hole scares me and most like not a solid ball :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 5,037
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 012.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 5,006
Excellent Banner find, but above all a FIND OF A LIFETIME.

Nova Treasure
 
Congrats on the Awesome Chain Cent!!!!!!!!! Nothing like digging the Holy Grail of coppers, and then digging all the other awesome coins and relics in the same day. Congrats on the Banner also.

Bubba65
 
Congrats for the chain cent and the banner ! :thumbsup:
H
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
thanks guys for all the banner votes! what a rush to dig this.
any thoughts on Frank's cannon ball? i told him don't leave it the house but would really love some feedback on it please. could this be a live round :dontknow: that hole scares me and most like not a solid ball :icon_scratch:
First off congrats on the great finds. That cannon ball should not be allowed to dry out until you figure it out. Consult an expert.
 
Congrats on the banner...Dude your killen it those are awesome finds.. :headbang:
 
WTG Dave! That one has very good details and I am sure you are on cloud 9 with that find. What a year you are having, and this hunt was so productive for you.

Too hard to say from the photos, but stopping the cleaning now is probably best. That edge flaking sure could be a sign that details could vanish if that is corrosion underneath those rough areas, I think I have a 1794 in similar corroded condition. What does the edge of the coin look like?

I don't think I would send that anywhere to get "conserved" and slabbed, if you wanted to part with it in the future, I'm sure there would be no trouble selling as is.

Don
 
Very nice find, cellar holes always produce well IMO
 
Don in SJ said:
WTG Dave! That one has very good details and I am sure you are on cloud 9 with that find. What a year you are having, and this hunt was so productive for you.

Too hard to say from the photos, but stopping the cleaning now is probably best. That edge flaking sure could be a sign that details could vanish if that is corrosion underneath those rough areas, I think I have a 1794 in similar corroded condition. What does the edge of the coin look like?

I don't think I would send that anywhere to get "conserved" and slabbed, if you wanted to part with it in the future, I'm sure there would be no trouble selling as is.

Don
thanks Don! here's the edge pics
 

Attachments

  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 050.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 050.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 4,811
  • SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 051.webp
    SEPT 8TH CELLAR HOLE1793 CHAIN CENT 051.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 4,825
Congrats on the banner find and other coins! Doesn't get much better than that... Sent you a PM regarding the ball
 
oustanding hunt... :headbang: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: 1793 copper cent and the rare-er variety... Banner and best of worthy!!! ...
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
thanks guys for all the banner votes! what a rush to dig this.
any thoughts on Frank's cannon ball? i told him don't leave it the house but would really love some feedback on it please. could this be a live round :dontknow: that hole scares me and most like not a solid ball :icon_scratch:


I'd put it in water and brush the dirt away from the circle a little to determine if it's a fuse or just a ball full of dirt.
 

Attachments

  • gren.webp
    gren.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 4,725
Excellent Find. I made the banner with my chain I dug the summer before last. Your's in way better condition then mine was. As far as restoration and slabbing here is what I did with mine I also had the Ameri version. They won't clean it and you shouldn't clean it any further it's got great detail. Send it to have slabbed only with the variety noted on the slab. That will protect it from any future elements air tight. Not sure if NGS will slab it considering its dug, but they would be who I would talk to first. If they won't due it then send it to Anacs I know they will. Congrats on a geat find that coin is worth some serious money but I would never sell it unless I had to. That is the best dug condition one I have seen and there are very few dug chain cents out there. Three I can think of off the top of my head. :icon_thumleft:
 
Iron Patch said:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
thanks guys for all the banner votes! what a rush to dig this.
any thoughts on Frank's cannon ball? i told him don't leave it the house but would really love some feedback on it please. could this be a live round :dontknow: that hole scares me and most like not a solid ball :icon_scratch:


I'd put it in water and brush the dirt away from the circle a little to determine if it's a fuse or just a ball full of dirt.

your right on the money IP..STOP if there is a fuse and contact a professional...however I believe his fuse gone
 
Could you explain how they were found as far as how far apart, how deep, signal strength etc...

Also, who's property was it found on. As has been noted on some of the other recent finds, whoever owns that land is gonna want a piece of the action. If not all the action.

Congrats on the finds man to cool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom