1812 LC, 1803 HC, and 1775 KG

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well my father-in-law and I went out for father's day to the same place as yesterday. We met a friend who we have hunted with in the past.

We had another spectacular day ;D. Bedford Bob got another largie. I got an 1812 Largie, 1803 Half Cent and a 1775 KG. I also got two thimbles, a plain flat button with shank and a ball button with shank. The half cent was actually below the smaller thimble. The small thimble was about 2 inches down, and I got another signal and kept digging. The half was about 8 inches down.

This site is just amazing. In total we have claimed 10 large cents (we each have 5), 1 half and 1 KG. 12 Coppers in all, plus 2 V's from our first hunt there.

Keep'em Swinging.

Attachments

• morecoins 005.JPG
    morecoins 005.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 772
  • morecoins 006.JPG
    morecoins 006.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 778
  • morecoins 007.JPG
    morecoins 007.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 776
  • morecoins 009.JPG
    morecoins 009.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 777
  • morecoins 011.JPG
    morecoins 011.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 777
  • morecoins 014.JPG
    morecoins 014.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 790
  • morecoins 015.JPG
    morecoins 015.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 774
  • morecoins 018.JPG
    morecoins 018.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 770
  • morecoins 020.JPG
    morecoins 020.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 769
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If youall know where there is another site like that one that I could find some "funky" stuff like that, PLEASE YELL......LOUDLY.
(Got to get all the way to Korea.) I could use hunting some of that funky stuff, for sure. :)
Great hunt......
Could I ask.....what is the % of counterfeit to actual, real coins found in the States? Any ideas?
I have found a few counterfeit coins here in S. Korea....but not much. Some altered coins, too. Makes for some nice displays.
Good finds......good post. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DeArmitt Pa

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I guess it depends on the coin. Apparently KG's were very heavily counterfieted in the states here. Alot of gold and silver coins have been counterfieted too, so I guess a decent percentage. All the KG's I have found are fake.

OP
OP
DeArmitt Pa

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
robfinds said:
Isn't the oldest find the open top thimble ?. It looks hand punched to me.

I don't have any idea on how to date the thimbles? The small one has a lead top on it, and the open one ???.

OP
OP
DeArmitt Pa

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, thanks for the website Don. I had now idea that the tailors thimble could date back to the 16th century. I don't think that one is actually that old, but just the possibility is pretty neat for here in the states. I will have to look and see if there are any makers marks on them.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This post with all of the coppers goes to prove how killer PA is to hunt. :headbang: Thanks for sharing!

Kirk :hello:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Don in SJ said:
CRUSADER said:
Wow another funky 1775 counterfeit, seems to be one of the more popular dates to copy. In great condition as well :icon_thumright:

When I first glanced I thought , a good counterfeit, closer to Regal than most, but again a counterfeit, still have only seen one Regal posted here that has been found in the States.

Don
Don, you must have taught me well..I had the exact same thought you did...

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
DeArmitt Pa said:
robfinds said:
Isn't the oldest find the open top thimble ?. It looks hand punched to me.

I don't have any idea on how to date the thimbles? The small one has a lead top on it, and the open one ???.
The first rimless thimble is late 18th Century, I would guess the open top one is 17th Century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread