What's new

1840-1850 Ma. Militia

hogge

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
3,825
Reaction score
1,528
Golden Thread
5
Location
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a start and at least it's military. During these years, officers and enlisted wore the same buttons. Came out pretty good with naval jelly. Lots of gilt. Hogge Variant is MS210B3 in Tices.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0333.webp
    IMG_0333.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 30
Pretty button. I've always wanted to dig one of those buttons when I was on a CW site.
 
Sweet button man i never seen that variety before:headbang:

~Blaze
 
Good score on the button....might be worth a bit of loot.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Good score on the button....might be worth a bit of loot.

Regards + HH

Bill
Pretty common. I see them on EBAY, NON dug going for about $20-25. This is one I'll save for my display in my shop.
 
A nice button is a nice button!
 
That buttons a beaut.
Grats
 
Hey buddy its military and in great shape. It will display well. Hope you get into some of the old rare stuff this season that you have a knack for finding
 
Nice find !! Did you get it yesterday ? Knew I shouldn't let you go all alone
 
I dug the same button....in amazing condition...I had to check if was still there lol...what back mark is yours? .....Congrats on a sweet looking button.
 
I hunted an early Massachusetts camp back in the 70's and found quite a few of them, one of my favorite Civil War buttons. Your's is a beaut!
 
beautiful button! great job cleaning it up!
 
Very nice military button. It looks great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom