What's new

1848 United States large cent coin found today!!

bigchz

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 previously, now I own a Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My oldest coin ever!! What a rush to pull this beauty out!! Doing electrolysis right now, will post updated pics. image.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
Congratulations on a beautiful coin!
 
Thank you! It will be donated to our county historical society, due to them giving me permission to hunt a historic sight. Still a lot of land to cover, going back next week. Can't wait :)
 
Congrats on digging your oldest. :occasion14: That one should have screamed silver.
 
Yeah it was blowing me up around 99 at 4-5 inches. AT pro was screaming!! Lol :)
 
Wow, how cool is that. Congratulations!
 
Electrolysis complete and wow!! Incredible detail. Coin is awesome!!image.webpimage.webp
 
man thats a nice coin! hope you get some more great finds.
 
Pretty good detail on it too!
Last one I found you could hardly even see the outline of lady liberty! :treasurechest::occasion14:
 
Outstanding job with the clean-up!!!! She is a real beauty!!!!!:icon_thumleft:
 
Beautiful LC. Never seen a copper clean up that good using electrolysis. Congrats!!! :thumbsup:
 
The detail on that coin is outstanding! Way nicer than the usual slick copper found around here. :)
 
What a beautiful coin! Congratz on your oldest!
 
That coin came out of electrolysis in amazing condition. I thought for sure there would be some pitting due to corrosion, especially on the obverse..
 
Great coin and clean up - gotta get me an electrolysis set up built......damn nice coin - good job giving it back to the Historical Society too!!!!!!!
 
I'm not that familiar with electrolysis but am certainly now interested. I know that people use different setups though...what kind of setup do you have on your rig?

It looks fantastic!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom