1853 Three Cent Silver

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had never seen one and had to look it up. I went out in the snow a bit today. It is rare we get snow but after being inside for a few days I had to get out. I am glad I did . This thing hit under the normal penny range on my XP Deus at 12khz it was ringing a solid 75. At 18khz it was showing around 81. The coin was approximately 5-6 inches down. I am not sure if the snow was my good luck or my dog going. My dog Rusty was pawing the ground as I pin pointed it like he was saying... That's a good target! I think he was going to dig it if I didnt.....

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 210
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 225
  • other.jpg
    other.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Rusty.jpg
    Rusty.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Xmarks.jpg
    Xmarks.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 17
Congrats on an awesome find! Now that's the kind of dog to have, one that's willing to dig up your finds for you! Hope he got treat for it!

I found one yesterday too didn't know what it was till I saw this thread,extremly thin, mine has holes in it also..... very nice find congrats

How deep?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

about 2 inches under a big piece of metal,im still in cleaning mode at a 15 acre field,so after 1994 satellite imagery netted me nothing,im reduced to just marking hot spots,and clearing stuff up to a foot for now,the old yellow stop sign at 3 ft was an exception.lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back