hogge
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 13, 2008
- Messages
- 3,825
- Reaction score
- 1,528
- Golden Thread
- 5
- Location
- Pittsfield Ma.
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
3" long by 3/4"-7/8" at it's widest point.PBK said:What's the size? Looks as if it might be an early Militia cap plate. I have seen one or two crescent-shaped plates, maybe 4-6" wide, attributed to c. 1800-15 Vermont Militia units.
The first digit is actually a "1". I was thinking "1st" Battery? Then again....it could possibly be an "L". Tough to say the way they made letters and numbers back in the day. That's why I need help with someone knowledgable in this area. Thanksivan salis said:Lt --- b unit -- artillery gun #53 maybe?
pjroo33 said:One of my favorite finds I've seen on TNET.![]()
pjroo33 said:If this were posted in Todays Finds or My Best Finds, it is almost a lock for the BANNER. Might want to think about posting it over there now that you know what it is for sure. It will get a lot more exposure. I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't often check the What's it forum who would love to see it.
