What's new

2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It was about time!!!!

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David(FL) and I decided to try a new beach after striking out in our last few hunts at our regular beaches. We got there about 8:30 and we didn't see any other hunters there all day. We figured everyone was hunting those well known beaches so we didn't hesitate jumping in the water. It was slow going at first and I talked to a guy that said he has seen a hunter at a different beach and threw some pennies out in front of the hunter but the hunter missed them and he laughed saying he doubted we found anything with those things. I continued down the beach and wouldn't you know it as soon as I got close to this guy again I got a very loud tone within 10 feet of him. I said "Are you trying to test me with those pennies?" but he didn't answer me. I went ahead and dug what I thought was the coin he planted but to my surprise when I looked in the scoop I saw this little beauty.....

068.webp

069.webp

074.webp

When I looked back to where the guy was standing he was headed toward the beach so he probably thought I was crazy but I was happy it wasn't his coin. We were finding a few coins and the normal trash when I wondered into the shallows which I don't normally do much and got a beautiful middle tone that I thought had a chance to be gold. In the first scoop I saw this for the first time in a few trips.... GOLD!!!!!

class1.webp

class2.webp

class3.webp

I really needed gold and finally got my fix. It was an Auburn College class ring and weighed an impressive 12 grams. It has the guys name in it and his last name is unique so it was very easy to find him. He was ecstatic and said that while in the water he looked down and saw it was gone and he and a bunch of others looked for hours for it with no luck. He said it never comes off his hand and he even had it re-sized to fit better but it still came off in the water. He said his mom gave it to him and he thought he would never see it again but it will be in the mail to him soon and I'm sure he will be very happy to wear it proudly once again. He insisted to either send me a reward or send me the same weight in scrap gold as a reward so I said either was fine and he was happy about that also.
When David saw the ring I could tell he was happy for me but he was struggling finding gold also and I knew he needed his as I saw him head in the other direction. About an hour later I saw him walking toward me in waist deep water and he raised his scoop into the air which I knew that meant gold. I was really happy that we both had gold but was absolutely amazed when he showed it to me.

ring 1 re.webp

ring 2 re.webp

ring 3 re.webp

The pictures don't do it justice. It is beautiful and although we don't know for sure I think the stones are real. It is 14K and just what the doctor ordered. Every hunt we go on I feel like we are going to find something nice but I thought we needed something this time and boy oh boy it feels good to get back on the board again.

David also got a sharks tooth in his bucket. I still haven't found one :'(

tooth 1.webp

I was happy, David was happy and I have a feeling there is a guy that graduated Auburn that will be happiest of all. Good luck out there and HH. Mike​
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It's was about time!!!!

Awesome!! Great Job on the return and the other rings are just as cool!! :hello2: :headbang:

Aaron
 
Re: 2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It's was about time!!!!

Congrats on the gold to both of you! It's nice returning things to owners, and can pay off with rewards too. Way to go! Pictures aren't showing up for me though. Anyone else not getting the pics???
 
Re: 2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It's was about time!!!!

Great finds, Love the silver ring with the Gold cross in it. HH Chug
 
Re: 2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It's was about time!!!!

Very nice rings Mike! Congrats on the gold and on the return!! Your friend's ring is beautiful - I hope the stones are real (pretty sure they will be).

Keep it up!

Jim
 
Re: 2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It's was about time!!!!

The 2 of you did good .Congratulations .. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello2:
 
Re: 2 Gold + Silver and a Return.... It's was about time!!!!

Nice rings. :icon_thumleft:
Your perseverance paid off.
 
Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

On the Gold and Return...Finding Gold is GREAT but returning it .... it becomes even better [Think of your joy in finding and the joy of the loser getting it back PLUS the joy in knowing it's back where it belongs].

It's amazing how long a Gold fix will last. I've had droughts of 4 to 5 months and then all of sudden 4 in 2 weeks. My average is about 1 a month and that's just fine.

HH Joe
 
great job on the post..................great job on the pics.................great job on the hunt (this guy is a ring magnet)................great ring(s)..........................great character to give it back........................im ready to go again.

if yall aint figgered it out, mike and me have been friends ALONG time. we both love to metal detect, so we split expenses, gas and what not, alternate having to drive. to me it makes detecting so much better when you have a friend to share the experience with. we even have a system of letting each other know what we've found. (handle of scoop up in the air for a silver ring, a bucket pump for victory for a gold ring) so if you happen to see me on the water and wave and i pump my bucket at yall, u'l know why. hh and hope to c those scoops pumping david
 
That silver ring with the cross is awesome!!!
 
awesome hunt!! congrats on the return too!
 
We split the return reward 3 ways right? I know I wasn't with you, but I did do the research and gave you a good lead. :laughing7: I'm heading out to do some dirt scratching with my Ace 250 right now. I called Garrett and mt AT pro is repaired and being shipped out today. Hope your hitting the water Friday, I need a fix.
 
Great story and a happy ending to boot! Thanks for sharing.
 
WOW!!! You guys did good!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom