CRUSADER
Emerald Member
Today was my last day off as I return to work tomorrow (after an extended X-Mas Holiday
). Thankfully there was a break in the wet & very windy weather. I'm glad I didn't try yesterday, as the only road/lane to the field had a huge tree blown across it (cut & cleared now), must have been yesterday which would have blocked my way back with the bike. 
I spent 4 hours on my own continuing the rather difficult land I started to grid recently. I was having a bad few hours & my mind was dreaming up a likely good find from this field, the best I was hoping for was a complete Medieval Buckle. You never expect a Gold Coin but it was furthest from my mind & I had no clues that this field was going to do anything this good
It's taken Dad & I over 2 years to find another Gold Coin, but I'm so glad 2012 is made already, so the pressure is off for the rest of the year 
Other finds of the day:
4 Scrappy Roman Coins
2 Lead Tokens
Tudor Clothes Fastener (Rose)
Leather Mount (circa 17th C) – Man in the moon & star to right
17th C Lead Cap (powder flask)
There are less than 50 Recorded examples of this type
Celtic Gold Quarter Stater
CUNOBELINE
AD10-20AD
Wild Type Horse Right
Corn Ear
VA-1935.01
CA[MV]
Minted - Camulodunum (Colchester)
Let me tell you, I was so pleased with the coin, it got a Rex Hunt Kiss (but no throwing back)

My first ever Celtic Gold Coin (some years ago) was this very same type, however it was a full Stater & this is a Quarter. So now I have the full set 8) - I pictured it next to my first coin to show how much smaller this one is
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celtic-Catuvellauni-gold-quarter-stater-Wild-type-/120696388043
See one listed for sale above.
). Thankfully there was a break in the wet & very windy weather. I'm glad I didn't try yesterday, as the only road/lane to the field had a huge tree blown across it (cut & cleared now), must have been yesterday which would have blocked my way back with the bike. 
I spent 4 hours on my own continuing the rather difficult land I started to grid recently. I was having a bad few hours & my mind was dreaming up a likely good find from this field, the best I was hoping for was a complete Medieval Buckle. You never expect a Gold Coin but it was furthest from my mind & I had no clues that this field was going to do anything this good
It's taken Dad & I over 2 years to find another Gold Coin, but I'm so glad 2012 is made already, so the pressure is off for the rest of the year 
Other finds of the day:
4 Scrappy Roman Coins
2 Lead Tokens
Tudor Clothes Fastener (Rose)
Leather Mount (circa 17th C) – Man in the moon & star to right
17th C Lead Cap (powder flask)
There are less than 50 Recorded examples of this type

Celtic Gold Quarter Stater
CUNOBELINE
AD10-20AD
Wild Type Horse Right
Corn Ear
VA-1935.01
CA[MV]
Minted - Camulodunum (Colchester)
Let me tell you, I was so pleased with the coin, it got a Rex Hunt Kiss (but no throwing back)

My first ever Celtic Gold Coin (some years ago) was this very same type, however it was a full Stater & this is a Quarter. So now I have the full set 8) - I pictured it next to my first coin to show how much smaller this one is
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celtic-Catuvellauni-gold-quarter-stater-Wild-type-/120696388043
See one listed for sale above.
Attachments
-
1.webp70.6 KB · Views: 5,064 -
11.webp32.1 KB · Views: 4,746 -
10.webp14.6 KB · Views: 6,459 -
9.webp13.9 KB · Views: 6,466 -
8.webp29 KB · Views: 4,807 -
7.webp42.3 KB · Views: 4,871 -
6.webp93.8 KB · Views: 4,906 -
5.webp70.8 KB · Views: 4,865 -
4.webp92.8 KB · Views: 4,857 -
3.webp67.8 KB · Views: 4,887 -
2.webp67.1 KB · Views: 4,893
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.














