2008 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( Japanese) TREASURE

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: Having been intimately associated with cyanide for a period in my sheltered life and finally being poisoned by it through carelessness, I have a deep appreciation for it, and it's effect.

As a result of my unpleasant experience, I have become sensitized to cyanide and can detect an open barrel of it to 20 meters, or, even where it has been used in the past for mineral processing.

I have won a no.of bets on this ability. Look for a person that also has this ability as a human detector.

Basically Cyanide needs to come into contact with an acid, your tummy works just fine for this, to form the hydrocyanic acid gas which is the lethal form. Normally just contact with the bare skin is not deadly, unless you have a cut or other way for it to enter the body. In fact I have seen our Indian workers handling it with their bare hands, until I jumped them.

The question that always comes to my mind, is just why would they do this? Even if it killed a few workers, the others would soon return with better protection since they would now be sure that this was a prize worth the risk.

Incidentally the enemy of cyanide is oxygen.

Of course anyone that believes that they might be coming into contact with cyanide, should always check the latest information on how to safely handle it, not just take my data here as the bible. I have been wrong many times as swr can happily testify.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Gentlemen: Having been intimately associated with cyanide for a period in my sheltered life and finally being poisoned by it through carelessness, I have a deep appreciation for it, and it's effect.

As a result of my unpleasant experience, I have become sensitized to cyanide and can detect an open barrel of it to 20 meters, or, even where it has been used in the past for mineral processing.

I have won a no.of bets on this ability. Look for a person that also has this ability as a human detector.

Basically Cyanide needs to come into contact with an acid, your tummy works just fine for this, to form the hydrocyanic acid gas which is the lethal form. Normally just contact with the bare skin is not deadly, unless you have a cut or other way for it to enter the body. In fact I have seen our Indian workers handling it with their bare hands, until I jumped them.

The question that always comes to my mind, is just why would they do this? Even if it killed a few workers, the others would soon return with better protection since they would now be sure that this was a prize worth the risk.

Incidentally the enemy of cyanide is oxygen.

Of course anyone that believes that they might be coming into contact with cyanide, should always check the latest information on how to safely handle it, not just take my data here as the bible. I have been wrong many times as swr can happily testify.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose, Hi. Well I will disagree with you in part about cyanide. Of the many hats I have wore over the years, including as a mining geologist and manager of a gold refinery that did cyanide extraction among other methods. There is no safe way to handle cyanide. Any contact with the powder and the human body is deadly. Because of the chemistry of the human body, skin, any contact is fatal. You can not wash it off or brush it off and it only takes a small amount to kill. Inhaling any dust is FAST, skin contact, the oils and moisture in the skin make it irreversible. There was a case on Mindanao in 1995 where a group of tribals found a 'black coffin' in the back of a Jap truck that was sealed in a cave. First the tribals drug out the coffin and smashed the lid off of it. Full of diamonds, belong to a Dutch trading company, so labeled. And naturally they shoved their hands into the batch then the group started dropping dead !!! They figured bad spirits so they brought in their Witch Doctor. A little mumbo-jumbo and they tried it again. More dead. So they call me. We go there and I said take a shovel and scoop out some diamonds and put them in a bucket of water and soak a few minutes. They did and then we gave the water to a pig. The pig dropped dead on the spot. So I washed some of the diamonds in a little water and tested it with PH paper. There was a PH change in the water, cyanide does that. Two simple tests.

So, I instructed the tribals to scoop out the diamonds with a small hand shovel and boil them in hot water over a camp fire. Washed them with hot water and liquid soap. DON'T use any acid solution as it will produce cyanide gas, but, liquid soap is alkaline and will lift off the cyanide but not chemically alter it to a gas. Dumping the contaminated soapy water into a pre-dug pit.

Just to show treasure fever, after all that help what do you think they offered me? Zip. The laugh was on them, when they tried to sell the diamonds the PH military came in and took everything. All I wanted was the truck for my collection. Jap trucks are getting hard to find.

ZOBEX

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Zobex. the main problem that I had with cyanide was keeping it active and keeping the solution mildly alkaline. We had too many cyanicides in our ore. For extraction of the gold in the pregnant solution, I designed a series of continuous, full flow, step tanks (6) , one slightly above the other using activated carbon.. I would use the fluid flow to put in new charge in the lower tank, then by simple valving, I could move each charge up the series until it was discharged from the last tank for treatment.

If I remember correctly, I used 3 # as a standard solution, although once I went to 10# in an experiment.

I was advised that normal skin contact was not advisable, but not necessarily lethal, since the rate of absorption was slow, but if one had a cut or abrasion, it would be greatly speeded up. since it is almost impossible to work around a mill without having some, it was conceded to be a no - no!
I eventually settled on a 70 hr cyanide cycle. This worked out best, according to my Perkins-Elmer atomic absorbtion apparatus.

Don Jose de La Mancha

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
Thank you Zobex and Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp for posting worthwhile information. Thank you moderator for deleting all the nonsense that is not worthwhile to anybody.

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
Don Jose, yes keeping the cyanide solution happy takes continuous work. Natural earth 'salts' have to be monitored so as to not contaminate or neutralize the soak solution. When in college I started out thinking I wanted to be a chemical engineer. After a few boring years switched to geology. The last of the refinery work was with telluride complex ore's. Now that is not only self toxic but a real **** to work with. At first it was a challenge but after that just a pain in the ass. Good thing we lost our ore supply, best excuse to quit.

ZOBEX

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Hola Zobex. the main problem that I had with cyanide was keeping it active and keeping the solution mildly alkaline. We had too many cyanicides in our ore. For extraction of the gold in the pregnant solution, I designed a series of continuous, full flow, step tanks (6) , one slightly above the other using activated carbon.. I would use the fluid flow to put in new charge in the lower tank, then by simple valving, I could move each charge up the series until it was discharged from the last tank for treatment.

If I remember correctly, I used 3 # as a standard solution, although once I went to 10# in an experiment.

I was advised that normal skin contact was not advisable, but not necessarily lethal, since the rate of absorption was slow, but if one had a cut or abrasion, it would be greatly speeded up. since it is almost impossible to work around a mill without having some, it was conceded to be a no - no!
I eventually settled on a 70 hr cyanide cycle. This worked out best, according to my Perkins-Elmer atomic absorbtion apparatus.

Don Jose de La Mancha

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Hi SWR,

Can you tell me the Title of the "FICTIONAL NOVEL" you are mentioning? I'm interested in reading it.
Oh, please include the name of the writer and where to find this "FICTIONAL NOVEL".

Regards,

Angel

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swr, youposted --> If you cannot support or validate any of these claims, simply say so and move on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
Nah , no way, I live in Mexico, We, and the Philippines, operate under the Napolianic rule, so 'you' prove his innocence.

don Jose de La Mancha

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
angel_09 said:
Hi SWR,

Can you tell me the Title of the "FICTIONAL NOVEL" you are mentioning? I'm interested in reading it.
Oh, please include the name of the writer and where to find this "FICTIONAL NOVEL".

Regards,

Angel

Hi Angel ~ It seems that SWR thinks anything and everything related to treasure is fictional. I'm surprised nobody commented on this recent news: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2937342

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Hi Guess-Who,

I think so. I'm now thinking if He believes King Solomon mines and all those unrecovered galleon treasures of the Spanish exist, because up to now it hasn't been recovered nor proven.

emperor

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2007
thank you for the much needed information ZOBEX. especially the dangers and precautions inside a vault.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Well, it's not about SWR. It's about the fictional novel used as reliable reference and sources HE mentioned.
'Am still waiting for the novel's title and writer's name.

Or it may be one of his nonsensical claims to disprove the existence of unretrieved and undiscovered treasures?

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
Angel ~ The "fictional novel" that SWR claims I copied and pasted from is a note from my author friend, as I stated in my post that he referred to. "A little more on topic is this note from my friend, who I think is much more knowledgeable with respect to the topic than anybody else here." I did not copy and paste anything from any book, but SWR said that I did. I really don't care, my author friend is by far one of the best investigative journalists in the business, and SWR is not.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Is SWR telling us that the characters in Seagraves book are fictional? That the Japanese mentioned in the novel does not exist? that there was no world war 2 happened? that there were no Filipinos and Philippines exist? That the year 1942 is a date to come or a date behind the timeline?
That Americans does not also exist?
When do you think SWR was born for him to consider all these things as fictional?

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
SWR said:
GUESS-WHO said:
Angel ~ The "fictional novel" that SWR claims I copied and pasted from is a note from my author friend, as I stated in my post that he referred to. "A little more on topic is this note from my friend, who I think is much more knowledgeable with respect to the topic than anybody else here." I did not copy and paste anything from any book, but SWR said that I did. I really don't care, my author friend is by far one of the best investigative journalists in the business, and SWR is not.

Nope. SWR is not a journalist or fictional novelist.

SWR simply isn't gullible, and a firm believer of extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

The Seagraves fictional novel is simply that...a novel.

Prove me wrong.

No one needs to prove you are wrong. It is your claim that Seagraves is a fictional novel.. So you have to prove you are right...

Let us start from the "Second World War"..........

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
SWR ~ Perhaps it would be a good idea to buy Gold Warriors and study the source material before professing to be more of an expert than the authors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions