What's new

2018: The Silver Also Rises

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $990 in CWR of halves + $32 in loose halves yesterday evening.

Skunked on the CWR, but the loose halves gave up one 40%er: 1968D.
 
Upvote 0
a friend who owns a coin shop said that in the summer people start cleaning out estates and older peoples stuff and are selling the coins at the shop or dropping them in the coin counters. I have a feeling since my boxes were from June (stamped on the top) that they are before the cleanups?
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday which gave up one lone 90%er: 1964.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, snagged two keepers between them:

1964
1969D
 
Any silver is good!!!!!!
 
Was in Pittsburgh moving my oldest son into college Sunday through yesterday morning. Stopped at a rest stop on my way home to refuel and get some refreshments, and look at what I got back in my change:

one.webp two.webp

1943 Merc
1954D Wheat
 
Picked up two boxes of halves over the weekend, one of which was a skunk.

The other box gave up six keepers, four 90%ers and two 40%ers:

1964 x 4
1967 x 2

one.webp

Not too shabby 8-)
 
Picked up a box of halves + $480 in MWR of halves yesterday on my lunch break, skunked on the $480 in MWR.

The box of halves, however, gave up seven keepers; one 90%er and six 40%ers:

1964
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1970D

one.webp

I believe this is my fifth '70 found in the wild.

Again, not too shabby 8-)
 
Nice finds. You are lucky with the 1970s. I never found one out of 1300 boxes or so.
 
Picked up a box of halves + $480 in MWR of halves yesterday on my lunch break, skunked on the $480 in MWR.

The box of halves, however, gave up seven keepers; one 90%er and six 40%ers:

1964
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1970D

View attachment 1626203

I believe this is my fifth '70 found in the wild.

Again, not too shabby 8-)

You've had a good two days! I finally found my first '70 last week.
 
Had a mini skunk streak last week, all of my boxes of halves and dimes were skunks.

I've picked up six boxes of halves so far this week, with the exception of one they have been repackaged CWR and/or someone's repackaged dumps.

The one box that was sealed with fresh MWR in it gave up one 40%er: 1966.

One of the taped-up, mangled, repackaged boxes gave up two 40%ers:

1967
1968D

The other four were all skunks.

Weird couple of weeks for boxes.
 
Last edited:
Picked up a box of halves + a box of dimes + $36.50 in loose halves yesterday.

Skunked on the box of dimes, but the box of halves gave up a 90%er and a 40%er:

1964
1966

From the loose halves I snagged three more 40%ers:

1967
1969D x 2
 
Picked up a box of halves yesterday that gave up two 40%ers:

1968 x 2.
 
All these 40's being found. What is everybody doing with them?

Are you letting them pile up, or selling them off?


I realize the price is dropping, but what is a fair sale price nowadays, with melt hovering just above $2 per coin?
 
All these 40's being found. What is everybody doing with them?

Are you letting them pile up, or selling them off?


I realize the price is dropping, but what is a fair sale price nowadays, with melt hovering just above $2 per coin?


I was selling them off up until December of last year. Now I'm stockpiling until prices rise.

When I was selling, I'd just try and get as close to melt as possible. Usually that was through private sales from Craigslist.
 
My 30-something box skunk streak with halves was broken over the weekend when I pulled a lone 40%er from a box: 1966.

My 20-something box skunk streak with dimes is still going, however.... :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom