What's new

2nd badge in two days.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Any guesses on this one? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 359
jdsarasin8194 said:
MY guess is that it belonged to the Chicken Inspector #23 :tongue3:


aka Kirk (PA) ;D
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So does anyone think this is a ligit chicken inspector badge? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Now i think it may be a novelty item. Here is part of a page from a 1925 Popular Mechanics magazine.
 

Attachments

  • Chicken Inspector Badge.webp
    Chicken Inspector Badge.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
It was the badge awarded to General Patton when he slapped the soldier and called him a coward in WWII. Monty
 
Upvote 0
SODABOTTLEBOB would like this badge.
 
Upvote 0
GpSnoopy said:
There were a lot of #23 Chicken Inspectors. And the badges came in both tin and Silver Coated, plus there was a humorous postcard for them, as well. ???
I think Snoopy nailed it as a novelty item. .
 

Attachments

  • chicken inspector.webp
    chicken inspector.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
Bigcy ~

Thanks for the nice PM. And to answer your question as to where I've been; These days I spend most of my online entertainment time with Soda Bottles, which is where my primary interest are. But I drop in from time to time to see what's going on. Plus, I've been busy inspecting chickens ... with only 22 more inspections to go and I will qualify for my #23 badge. :tongue3: And I think the gag connection is correct. Like the image below of a "Chicken Whiskey" bottle, that I'm sure must tie in here somewhere. (If you get my drift). Lol :dontknow:

Thanks again,

I'll be back.

SODABOTTLEBOB
 

Attachments

  • Chicken Whiskey Bottle (311x465).webp
    Chicken Whiskey Bottle (311x465).webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
GpSnoopy said:
There were a lot of #23 Chicken Inspectors. And the badges came in both tin and Silver Coated, plus there was a humorous postcard for them, as well. ???
I think Snoopy nailed it as a novelty item. .
I agree. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom