2nd Gold Coin while finding civil war relics!

L

lovedigging

Today was a great day, because I had the day off! My brother and I started off the day by going bow hunting. I was fortunate enough to take a buck while my brother was filming it. Not quite like the Canadian deer we will be chasing in a few weeks, but good practice. After dropping the deer off at the butcher to be processed, I had my White's DFX in the truck and plenty of daylight left, so I decided to see what civil war relics were left to find. I'll have to say it was one of my best days ever. Within 5 minutes of starting I found an eagle cavalry button, followed by a few bullets. Not too long after, I discovered 5 eagle cuff buttons within a 4 foot circle. I finally reached the area where I had found a gold coin a few months ago and started finding lots of different things to make me feel that there used to be a home there. I was digging lots of iron items, but every once in awhile I would hit on something good. I had been digging this area for about an hour when I hit a really good signal. When I dug it, it was an 1886 one-dollar piece. When I stood up I immediately hit another signal, and that's when I dug the 1898 one-cent piece. I hit that area pretty hard for about 30 minutes, and then hit another strong signal. This time I nearly had heart failure! When I un-earthed my 2nd gold coin (for the year), I couldn't believe it. It was a 2 1/2 dollar, 1910, gold coin. At this point I don't even remember if dug anything else. Next thing I remember I was in my truck, flying back home and trying to call my brother to let him know about my great finds. Hope you enjoy the pictures....

Attachments

• gold coin front.JPG
    gold coin front.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 12,176
  • gold coin back.JPG
    gold coin back.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 12,087
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 12,087
  • everything CW..JPG
    everything CW..JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 12,078
  • 3 coins.JPG
    3 coins.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 11,326
Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is aw some simply aw some :thumbsup: I have been detecting for eight years now and have never had a Gold coin :'( and thats after recovering many silver coins, congrats again on a super find TK.(Definitely worthy of a Banner place)

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on a fantastic hunt and your second gold coin of the year, it's a beauty WTG!!! :icon_thumleft:
Glenn

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on your BANNER gold find TC.
Those other digs are great too.
YOU da Man!!!! :icon_king:
:thumbsup:
-MM-

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
THAT was a spectacular hunt!!!!
We hunt Antietam and the most we usually find
is lead and a couple of pieces of brass.
I would die for a great hunt like yours!!!!!
Congratulations on all of the nice relics!

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow great finds !!!!!! I wish I can find a button it that good of shape all the ones I have dug have been wron out.

Hutch

congrats on the buck point's ?

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!!!!

HH,
Ramapirate

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I do not believe you are trying very hard to get on my good side. (Is there one?) You have a milestone we are all hoping for but alot of us will not see, a beautiful gold coin! The dollar is killer too! Go back to that spot and dig it all! There has to be more! I forgot to say BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Congratulations on all the the buttons and especially on the gold coin! :thumbsup: You should get that graded and appraised right away! :) Nice job on making the banner! :thumbsup:

au4me2

Sep 8, 2007
Ma.
Detector(s) used
Depends on what Im looking for!
Wow, I am kneeling at your feet right now. :icon_king:

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Any chance of getting a map ??? ;D ;D ;D
Will travel :tongue3:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats,

That's a beautiful gold coin. Still looking for my first. It will come at some point.

HH Jer

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
STUPENDOUS!! I have held one of those little incuse-design beauties in my hand--belonged to someone else--and marvelled at their itty-bitty size (and great value when looked up).

And that's the first Cavalry 'C' button I've seen here. What a day!!

If you remember the VDI for that gold piece, I'd like to hear it, too. Wild-guessing +36 (normalized)?

Congratulations, you'll be back down to earth by spring for more hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions