What's new

2nd Gold Coin while finding civil war relics!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lovedigging
  • Start date Start date
L

lovedigging

Guest
Today was a great day, because I had the day off! My brother and I started off the day by going bow hunting. I was fortunate enough to take a buck while my brother was filming it. Not quite like the Canadian deer we will be chasing in a few weeks, but good practice. After dropping the deer off at the butcher to be processed, I had my White's DFX in the truck and plenty of daylight left, so I decided to see what civil war relics were left to find. I'll have to say it was one of my best days ever. Within 5 minutes of starting I found an eagle cavalry button, followed by a few bullets. Not too long after, I discovered 5 eagle cuff buttons within a 4 foot circle. I finally reached the area where I had found a gold coin a few months ago and started finding lots of different things to make me feel that there used to be a home there. I was digging lots of iron items, but every once in awhile I would hit on something good. I had been digging this area for about an hour when I hit a really good signal. When I dug it, it was an 1886 one-dollar piece. When I stood up I immediately hit another signal, and that's when I dug the 1898 one-cent piece. I hit that area pretty hard for about 30 minutes, and then hit another strong signal. This time I nearly had heart failure! When I un-earthed my 2nd gold coin (for the year), I couldn't believe it. It was a 2 1/2 dollar, 1910, gold coin. At this point I don't even remember if dug anything else. Next thing I remember I was in my truck, flying back home and trying to call my brother to let him know about my great finds. Hope you enjoy the pictures....
 

Attachments

  • gold coin front.webp
    gold coin front.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 12,243
  • gold coin back.webp
    gold coin back.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 12,149
  • buttons.webp
    buttons.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 12,121
  • everything CW..webp
    everything CW..webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 12,141
  • 3 coins.webp
    3 coins.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 11,375
Upvote 0
you rock tcooper, those are some great finds there,

hope you find a hundred more.
 
AWESOME !! Congratulations!!
 
That has got to be an unbelievable feeling Todd......Big Congrat's on the Gold and all the rest of the find's,just awesome!!!!! :thumbsup: Any pic's of the buck ;D Canadian Whitetail.....Almost as good as a GOLD coin!!!!Great Dig's!!! :wink:
 
what can I say that already hasn't been said! :thumbsup: Congratulations
 
Wow, I would have had heart failure with the Morgan Dollar. ;D Awesome Gold Coin. :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:
 
Oh just to find another Indian head....... :-\ :'(

Great, no AWESOME finds! Glad you made the banner!
 
The Holy Grail.......Wow....Killer finds all the way around...Heart stopper is an understatement! Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

BANNER BANNER BANNER !!!!!!!!
 
Congrats on your second gold coin! HH, Mike
 
Totally Aewsome Day!!!!!
Congrats on the Banner

Makton
 
Whoa man!
What a rush that must have been!
Congrats on quite a FEW great finds!
The gold coin is banner material for sure!
 
That is one awesome day of relic hunting!!!!!! :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Congrats,one beautifull coin. Actually two beautifull coins.
JIMBOB
 
Wow, great gold coin! Thanks for sharing with us.

Steve
 
Very nice coin !!!! I only hope that my turn for some gold is coming.

May there be many more..... VPR
 
Thanks to "EVERYONE" for their reply, I hardly slept last night thinking about what a great day I had. I've had a few that wanted to know what the VDI read and it was a solid +32. Hope everyone finds something just as cool on your next trip out. Again thanks!!! TCooper
 
Gold Coins are always a SPECIAL DAY!
 
Whoa! A hunt you soon won't forget, I'm sure! :o Beautiful finds and a buck too!! :icon_pirat:

Many congrats, TC!!!!! :icon_king:

Nana :)
 
Holy Moly! I would be happy to find any one of those coins or buttons in one hunt and you found ALL in one hunt. Excellent!

Kent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom