2nd Gold Coin while finding civil war relics!

L

lovedigging

Today was a great day, because I had the day off! My brother and I started off the day by going bow hunting. I was fortunate enough to take a buck while my brother was filming it. Not quite like the Canadian deer we will be chasing in a few weeks, but good practice. After dropping the deer off at the butcher to be processed, I had my White's DFX in the truck and plenty of daylight left, so I decided to see what civil war relics were left to find. I'll have to say it was one of my best days ever. Within 5 minutes of starting I found an eagle cavalry button, followed by a few bullets. Not too long after, I discovered 5 eagle cuff buttons within a 4 foot circle. I finally reached the area where I had found a gold coin a few months ago and started finding lots of different things to make me feel that there used to be a home there. I was digging lots of iron items, but every once in awhile I would hit on something good. I had been digging this area for about an hour when I hit a really good signal. When I dug it, it was an 1886 one-dollar piece. When I stood up I immediately hit another signal, and that's when I dug the 1898 one-cent piece. I hit that area pretty hard for about 30 minutes, and then hit another strong signal. This time I nearly had heart failure! When I un-earthed my 2nd gold coin (for the year), I couldn't believe it. It was a 2 1/2 dollar, 1910, gold coin. At this point I don't even remember if dug anything else. Next thing I remember I was in my truck, flying back home and trying to call my brother to let him know about my great finds. Hope you enjoy the pictures....

Attachments

• gold coin front.JPG
    gold coin front.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 12,176
  • gold coin back.JPG
    gold coin back.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 12,087
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 12,087
  • everything CW..JPG
    everything CW..JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 12,078
  • 3 coins.JPG
    3 coins.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 11,326
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
AWESOME !! Congratulations!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That has got to be an unbelievable feeling Todd......Big Congrat's on the Gold and all the rest of the find's,just awesome!!!!! :thumbsup: Any pic's of the buck ;D Canadian Whitetail.....Almost as good as a GOLD coin!!!!Great Dig's!!! :wink:

S

seger98

what can I say that already hasn't been said! :thumbsup: Congratulations

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The Holy Grail.......Wow....Killer finds all the way around...Heart stopper is an understatement! Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

BANNER BANNER BANNER !!!!!!!!

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Whoa man!
What a rush that must have been!
Congrats on quite a FEW great finds!
The gold coin is banner material for sure!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great gold coin! Thanks for sharing with us.

Steve

OP
OP
L

lovedigging

Thanks to "EVERYONE" for their reply, I hardly slept last night thinking about what a great day I had. I've had a few that wanted to know what the VDI read and it was a solid +32. Hope everyone finds something just as cool on your next trip out. Again thanks!!! TCooper

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Coins are always a SPECIAL DAY!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! A hunt you soon won't forget, I'm sure! :o Beautiful finds and a buck too!! :icon_pirat:

Many congrats, TC!!!!! :icon_king:

Nana :)

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Moly! I would be happy to find any one of those coins or buttons in one hunt and you found ALL in one hunt. Excellent!

Kent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread