2nd Gold Coin while finding civil war relics!

L

lovedigging

Today was a great day, because I had the day off! My brother and I started off the day by going bow hunting. I was fortunate enough to take a buck while my brother was filming it. Not quite like the Canadian deer we will be chasing in a few weeks, but good practice. After dropping the deer off at the butcher to be processed, I had my White's DFX in the truck and plenty of daylight left, so I decided to see what civil war relics were left to find. I'll have to say it was one of my best days ever. Within 5 minutes of starting I found an eagle cavalry button, followed by a few bullets. Not too long after, I discovered 5 eagle cuff buttons within a 4 foot circle. I finally reached the area where I had found a gold coin a few months ago and started finding lots of different things to make me feel that there used to be a home there. I was digging lots of iron items, but every once in awhile I would hit on something good. I had been digging this area for about an hour when I hit a really good signal. When I dug it, it was an 1886 one-dollar piece. When I stood up I immediately hit another signal, and that's when I dug the 1898 one-cent piece. I hit that area pretty hard for about 30 minutes, and then hit another strong signal. This time I nearly had heart failure! When I un-earthed my 2nd gold coin (for the year), I couldn't believe it. It was a 2 1/2 dollar, 1910, gold coin. At this point I don't even remember if dug anything else. Next thing I remember I was in my truck, flying back home and trying to call my brother to let him know about my great finds. Hope you enjoy the pictures....

Attachments

• gold coin front.JPG
    gold coin front.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 12,177
  • gold coin back.JPG
    gold coin back.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 12,088
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 12,088
  • everything CW..JPG
    everything CW..JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 12,079
  • 3 coins.JPG
    3 coins.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 11,327
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more gold for you! That's amazing, two gold in a month. I salute you!

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
tcooper1 said:
Mr.Jody said:
Just wondering, what did the MD say it was as far as coin,iron, zinc,ect.......nice find by the way.
Mr Jody, I was using a preset program that showed a solid bar and a +32. I just took it out in the yard and put my Whites DFX on the coin setting so I could let you know what it read. It showed a +27 and the 5 cent and ring pictures were both on the screen. Hope this helps you find a great coin...TCooper
Thanks buddy....Jody

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
WOW. Sorry for the delayed response, I've been a little busy lately........
Congratulations on one of the nicest set of finds anyone could hope for.
Tomorrow is suposed to be 60 degrees, the ground is damp, my trigger finger (for the white's users) is itching.
I feel some great finds coming our way tomorrow.

CONGRATS ON ANOTHER BANNER FIND!!!!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a nice gold coin find tcooper1! Altogether is a great relic and coin recovery you made there...congrats!!! :thumbsup:

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
One of the most amazing hunts ever.
All I can say is "wow" and then fall into a stunned and reverent silence.....

Mike

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Banner material!

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day. That is the hunt of a lifetime. Congratulations on both hunts. Banner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread