3 GOLD DAY!

olas13

Oct 12, 2004
Rhode Island,USA
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 2,minelab sov., whites surfmaster. tesoro.equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had. a great time today digging at my favorite OLD beach. Last nor easter left and took lots of sand with it leaving a nice gravel bed to work.

After only 15min today I got my first gold ring. I could tell by the color that it was a high Karat ring. There was no marking inside so I had to wait to get home and acid test it. Yep 18k, 9 grams with the stone.

Anyone have an idea as to what the stone is? you can see in the pic that it is black with red specks in it?

Second ring was a TINY band and very rough mottled surface. I see this on coins I get there that have been beat up by the rocks. After cleaning and buffing it tested 10k, .9grams.

Third ring is a very ornate piece with a green colored stone(any ideas) tested 14k, 3.9 grams with the stone.

This ties my best day ever for gold at 3 in one day.

Happy dance!

Enjoy the pics and HH!!

Attachments

• 12-12 pier 001.jpg
    12-12 pier 001.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 12-12 pier 002.jpg
    12-12 pier 002.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 12-12 pier 003.jpg
    12-12 pier 003.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 12-12 pier 005.jpg
    12-12 pier 005.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 12-12 pier 006.jpg
    12-12 pier 006.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 12-12 pier 009.jpg
    12-12 pier 009.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 12-12 pier 008.jpg
    12-12 pier 008.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 12-12 pier 007.jpg
    12-12 pier 007.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Upvote 8
The second ring looks like a Lapis stone to me, but not 100% sure.....all nice though...:)

Very nice!! Congratulations!!

Sard onyx maybe hold it in the light does it look red when you look through it?

let us not forget the Opel. It comes in more colors than the rainbow. Don't drink and drive you might spill your drink

bloodstone would be my guess and I think it is a "seal ring"

Great finds !

wow those are beautiful and certainly look old. excellent finds. congrats!

Had. a great time today digging at my favorite OLD beach. Last nor easter left and took lots of sand with it leaving a nice gravel bed to work.

After only 15min today I got my first gold ring. I could tell by the color that it was a high Karat ring. There was no marking inside so I had to wait to get home and acid test it. Yep 18k, 9 grams with the stone.

Anyone have an idea as to what the stone is? you can see in the pic that it is black with red specks in it?

Second ring was a TINY band and very rough mottled surface. I see this on coins I get there that have been beat up by the rocks. After cleaning and buffing it tested 10k, .9grams.

Third ring is a very ornate piece with a green colored stone(any ideas) tested 14k, 3.9 grams with the stone.

This ties my best day ever for gold at 3 in one day.

Happy dance!

Enjoy the pics and HH!!
Blood stone here is the one I got this year...Ring 41.JPG

looks like an opal, very nice find!

I agree with Casper2 on the "seal" ring. That's awesome! Looks like a great days finds to me! Congrats!

Did you have a great day or what?? Most folks dream of a day like that and you actually have it! HH

Very nice! You can tell they have some age also. Any old coins at all?

3 old gold rings in one day from one place...terrific!

If you have a good loupe or other magnification you can look at the seal ring's stone and if you see numerous, minute plumes, or rays or feathery looking lines, that's bloodstone. Also, in bright light, I think bloodstone usually is greenish. Bloodstone is a type of chalcedony...quartz. I saw another antique seal with an engraved stone that looked similar.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/seal-silver-and-carved-bloodstone-pendant-lizzie-anti-554252932

The other ring, a possibility i'm sure occurred to you is turquoise.

Last edited:
It don't get much better than that.Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back