What's new

3rd strange object needs i.d.

carlee02

Greenie
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Ok. My son and I found another strange object that we cannot identify. The pictures are in this order: the top, the side, and the bottom.
Any ideas?

Thank you all again for your help and making us "newbies" feel so welcome!
 

Attachments

  • tool4.webp
    tool4.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 440
  • tool5.webp
    tool5.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 419
  • tool6.webp
    tool6.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 418
Don't know, but keep that picture to remember what your hands used to look like. ;D
 
Upvote 0
I think it's the top of an old aresol can that's been smashed
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I think it's the top of an old aresol can that's been smashed

Wow, that's exciting.... a definite treasure! haha :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Sorry I couldn't tell you it was something rare and valuable . Getting the junk out of the way makes it easier to find the good stuff though.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Sorry I couldn't tell you it was something rare and valuable . Getting the junk out of the way makes it easier to find the good stuff though.



It can happen!

True story.... a friend of mine was on an old site just off the highway and signals were getting very thin so he decided to try his luck in the ditch. His 1st target was a pop can, 2nd also a pop can, 3rd was a license plate, 4th a pop can (how many give up and leave at this point?) ....and the 5th target was a $5,000 belt plate.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Sorry I couldn't tell you it was something rare and valuable . Getting the junk out of the way makes it easier to find the good stuff though.

Just getting an identification on a object is good and I appreciate your feedback. And your right, getting the junk out of this area we are working will hopefully help in the long run. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:
Sorry I couldn't tell you it was something rare and valuable . Getting the junk out of the way makes it easier to find the good stuff though.



It can happen!

True story.... a friend of mine was on an old site just off the highway and signals were getting very thin so he decided to try his luck in the ditch. His 1st target was a pop can, 2nd also a pop can, 3rd was a license plate, 4th a pop can (how many give up and leave at this point?) ....and the 5th target was a $5,000 belt plate.


Love this story! Hope to have one like it soon. Thanks! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
carlee02 said:
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:
Sorry I couldn't tell you it was something rare and valuable . Getting the junk out of the way makes it easier to find the good stuff though.



It can happen!

True story.... a friend of mine was on an old site just off the highway and signals were getting very thin so he decided to try his luck in the ditch. His 1st target was a pop can, 2nd also a pop can, 3rd was a license plate, 4th a pop can (how many give up and leave at this point?) ....and the 5th target was a $5,000 belt plate.


Love this story! Hope to have one like it soon. Thanks! :icon_thumleft:


I have enough to write a book, now if only I could write. :-\

Like I tell many new to this hobby, I have never known someone to be dedicated and not find some good stuff. Even the folks in the most challenged areas for oldies or jewelry all have some level of success.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
carlee02 said:
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:
Sorry I couldn't tell you it was something rare and valuable . Getting the junk out of the way makes it easier to find the good stuff though.



It can happen!

True story.... a friend of mine was on an old site just off the highway and signals were getting very thin so he decided to try his luck in the ditch. His 1st target was a pop can, 2nd also a pop can, 3rd was a license plate, 4th a pop can (how many give up and leave at this point?) ....and the 5th target was a $5,000 belt plate.


Love this story! Hope to have one like it soon. Thanks! :icon_thumleft:


I have enough to write a book, now if only I could write. :-\

Like I tell many new to this hobby, I have never known someone to be dedicated and not find some good stuff. Even the folks in the most challenged areas for oldies or jewelry all have some level of success.


Would love to read the book if you ever write it! Thank you for the encouragement on our new hobby. Just the "hunt" is exciting for us and spending quality time together is this busy world!
 
Upvote 0
I've found some of my best items in trashy area the Texas buckle as my Avatar was in a trashy old house site. There are less then 20 of those buckle known. I've also found a New York (SNY), an Ohio (OVM) and US buckles kicking around through beer can and trash close to roads. So you never know. One cool thing about this hobby is that everyones collection is different and some with even the smallest collection will usally have something someone with a larger collection doesn't
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to T-Net Carlee02 and son! Did you say you were finding this stuff at your house? if so how old is the place? and what kind of detector are you using? what depth are these finds coming from? come on now and spill the beans please and thank you, HH.

Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
Some good questions from tatooguy. If you let us know what kind of detector you have I'm sure someone on here can give you some pointers on how to use it better. The better you know your machine the more stuff you are likely to find.
 
Upvote 0
Tattooguy67 said:
Welcome to T-Net Carlee02 and son! Did you say you were finding this stuff at your house? if so how old is the place? and what kind of detector are you using? what depth are these finds coming from? come on now and spill the beans please and thank you, HH.

Chuck.

Ok....here are the "spilt beans" haha: Yes, on our property. Newly developed land, (mostly still woods) My son has a "Bounty Hunter Gold Digger", we are finding things between 5 and 7 inches deep.

And thanks for the welcome! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Well now if you will tell us where you live. I'm sure a bunch of us could come over and dig up all the trash and get it out of the way for you. We may dig a few good things by accident but that happens sometimes. :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Well now if you will tell us where you live. I'm sure a bunch of us could come over and dig up all the trash and get it out of the way for you. We may dig a few good things by accident but that happens sometimes. :laughing9:

I'm in the deep South. Chelsea, Alabama! :D
 
Upvote 0
QUICKSILVER (appletree) said:
on top of it she has a French Manicure :icon_queen: very nice! I am impressed ;D

Thanks! But I don't think the french manicure is going to survive my new hobby! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Hello Carlee02,

I also think its a smashed top of a can.

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom