image-2024069899.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 214
  • image-2675448404.jpg
    image-2675448404.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
You really worked hard!

GG, remind us, when are you moving?

I will be moving in may just 8 short cold months from now. The area we dig had small gold and a few about 6 mesh. We worked hard and moved Huge slabs of bedrock on a 1.5" crack. We chased it down 5 feet to a clay layer and ran all of the material through a sluice. Wen we hit the clay i thought we would get some big stuff. The bank had huge boulders and soil hiding the crack. Got to the clay layer and... Nothin. Lota work but still an amazing time with good friends and better food. Im going to dig colorado clean. When i have my dredge/highbanker out there i will be doing the numbers game and focusing on quantity of material. This was basically a hail Mary for nuggets. No touchdown tho..

May eh? Cool, let's plan to get together when you get here!

GG - well, at least you'll never have to wonder about that crack. You gotter done!!

Man, I think a few of us here appreciate how much digging that actually is lol. The pics hardly do it justice, the angles you have to work at and how many times you have to switch tools... I know all about hopeful crack digging! Then after we're done I'm sure the next guy comes along, assumes since you/I put in so much work there it must be good dirt and the crack gets bigger lol. I got tired just looking at the pics, good efforts regardless of the gold found!

It really was a big project. None of that ground was exposed. We moved yards of material to get down to the cracks. I WISH we could have run all that material through a highbanker because we tested it and it all had gold in it. We just tossed it in favor of seeking the "goods" at the clay layer at the bottom of these cracks. We hit the clay on the third day and chased it down 3 cracks and many pockets in the bedrock with poor results.
The nice part is that we knew we did a good job at cleaning this area out well and when i make it out west i believe that this type of motivation will produce the ounces im looking for. I will have that machinery to run much more material and i already know that the gold is much much more consistent in the rockies because they are young mountains with coarse sand like gold. Im getting very tired of the super thin flakey gold leaf we chase out in the northeast. If you can find gold up here though you can find it anywhere. Hope thoes floods put a bunch into the river for me!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back