mountainman 2
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2006
- Messages
- 1,930
- Reaction score
- 811
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Extreme Northern NJ
- Detector(s) used
- whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My dad gave me an assortment of coins and tokens from a friend who recently passed away. I posted 4 of the more interesting items in hopes someone could id them. 1st item is nickel sized and appears to have a date of 133?. The 2nd looks like brass,also nickel sized, and has something written in French on the front and a dog next to a speaker of some type. The 3rd is about the size of a half dollar with Green River Whiskies on front and a man standing next to a horse on reverse. The last is some kind of tax token from Missouri and is the same on both sides. Can anyone give me some info. on these items including what they were used for, age, and value? Thanks for any help. MM2

I posted that the Le Gramophone from RCA came out in the mid 1800's....which it did not. Yard Digger posted that RCA's parent company started in 1901....hence I was wrong on the date. I went and modified my post and removed the 1800's info...at the same time I wrote..."Good catch Yard Digger"...I know it looks funny because Yard Digger had not even posted yet. What I did not know was that when I modified my post...it also modified my quote in his post.








