What's new

5" + Llano River Clovis

mogi

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
374
Reaction score
526
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
BB1.webpBB3.webp Just wanted to share this Beauty from my collection. New to the forum. Would love some thoughts.
 
Upvote 0
Beyond beautiful!
 
Tis a good looking piece.

I am wondering if it is a personal find or an acquisition from someone else?
 
My thought is you should send it to me :), welcome to the forum
 
Given to me by my best friend.
 
very nice.
interesting how the second pic, alters the perceived shape of the piece....taken at an angle I'm guessing.

welcome, post some more pics.
 
Really Nice!! Welcome to T-net
 
clovis 2.webpC1.webpclovis 1.webp Here are a few more shots of it. Thanks everyone!
 
That's a gorgeous Clovis ..... Cool pic showing the light thru it.... All tho I kept thinking please don't drop it !!!
 
Heck of a piece to start your collection with...stunning point, protect it with your life!
 
Can you give us more info? That is a world class Clovis Point and so far all you have told is that it is from the Llano River in Texas and that you got it from a friend. Did he find it? What part of the river was it found in, what county, area?? How can you post a piece like this and not give all of the info with it?
 
Not Georgetown material now that I can see thru the rock. Nice piece for sure.
 
If I was going to make a Clovis, I'd want it to look like that. A very nice piece, I wish you had found it.
 

Really Cool pics! Any chance you could contact your friend to get more info on it? Especially for your benefit since it will only add more value. Documentation is vital especially with a point like yours and there are lots of knowledgeable members on this site that will help with identifying finds but they also need a base to work off of. Hope your able to get more information!
 
How about some pics of the other side and a few close ups.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom