55 boxes This weeks totals So So Week! Sorry i fixed totals.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 55 boxes This weeks totals So So Week!

Steelers0626 said:
Im just saying, i warned you about this, when you do insane, no job, volume, this is what happens, did 8 boxes this week and got higher totals than you. Just some more advice, cut back on the volume, maybe half of what you are doing = less skunks for you, and a better week next week for all of us.

P.S.
Not trying to be rude, just trying to give some friendly advice.

+1

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

palidin20603 said:
Steelers0626 said:
Im just saying, i warned you about this, when you do insane, no job, volume, this is what happens, did 8 boxes this week and got higher totals than you. Just some more advice, cut back on the volume, maybe half of what you are doing = less skunks for you, and a better week next week for all of us.

P.S.

That is not how I see it. I thank you Tim for taking 50 skunks away and dumping them on TD or whatever national bank that takes the motherload of clad. HH

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

50centman said:
Tim, Based on the pictures of the odd stuff you are getting I would bet you are ordering bags of coin and not boxes, You would never be be getting all that odd stuff in boxes. Based on your results, I would say you are running out of bag pallets and are soon to hit the wall. I only say this because I have been there and done that but it was years ago. It was something else while it lasted!

+1

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ArkieBassMan said:
Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

If I had the dumping options, I'd do 100 boxes a week. If I didn't burn out, and/or felt like doing more (and had the time to do so), I'd go for 200.

So if I understand your post correctly, you're stating that TimZim should do less volume so that there is more silver left out there for the rest of us. I am assuming that is what you meant by, "a better week next week for all of us." So that means if you walk into a coin shop tomorrow and they are selling ASE's for $10 each, you would only buy a few and save the rest for other collectors? That's very noble. Since I'm only currently doing 2 boxes a week, and you're doing 8, would you mind cutting your order back to 2 boxes as well so that you don't have an advantage over me? Of course you wouldn't do that and I don't blame you. Who gets to decide how much is too much and why?

Personally, I disagree 100% with your post. I don't believe I have the right to tell another CRHer how much volume is "too much." Should other CRHers attempt to tell me to "cut it back", I would likely suggest a place they could visit and even an activity they could do with themselves while they were there. ;D I don't feel any obligation whatsoever to not get every scrap of silver that I'm able to get in this hobby, nor do I feel that others have an obligation to "save" any for me. CRH is not a "team" sport. I firmly believe in getting all you can, while you can.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

$nack-Money said:
ArkieBassMan said:
Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

If I had the dumping options, I'd do 100 boxes a week. If I didn't burn out, and/or felt like doing more (and had the time to do so), I'd go for 200.

So if I understand your post correctly, you're stating that TimZim should do less volume so that there is more silver left out there for the rest of us. I am assuming that is what you meant by, "a better week next week for all of us." So that means if you walk into a coin shop tomorrow and they are selling ASE's for $10 each, you would only buy a few and save the rest for other collectors? That's very noble. Since I'm only currently doing 2 boxes a week, and you're doing 8, would you mind cutting your order back to 2 boxes as well so that you don't have an advantage over me? Of course you wouldn't do that and I don't blame you. Who gets to decide how much is too much and why?

Personally, I disagree 100% with your post. I don't believe I have the right to tell another CRHer how much volume is "too much." Should other CRHers attempt to tell me to "cut it back", I would likely suggest a place they could visit and even an activity they could do with themselves while they were there. ;D I don't feel any obligation whatsoever to not get every scrap of silver that I'm able to get in this hobby, nor do I feel that others have an obligation to "save" any for me. CRH is not a "team" sport. I firmly believe in getting all you can, while you can.

+1... If I had the ability, I would take ALL boxes of halves in the country, and leave you all with none! Wear it out TimZim!

-1 He did WEAR out his region......................

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SFBayArea said:
Let Tim do what he can until he reaches a plateau of where his area is dry. By that point, he can only blame himself for bleeding his area dry. Let him decide on when to stop or slow down based on what his ratio of finds are and when and if it's worth it to keep going. If my area was great and rich with Ag, I would still keep going.

My area has slowed down by a lot. I am doing less volume and focusing more on stock trading but that is my area. Everyone's area is different. Let them find out for themselves the best course of action.

+1 His ratio has been going down week by week if you follow his post......................... Soon he will get 55 skunk boxes and dumping at TD banks and I am sure they are happy with his dumps!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coinsandfootball said:
-1 He did WEAR out his region......................

He is still pulling silver, so I have to disagree that his region is "worn out." But at any rate, is that not the ultimate goal of CRH? To get the absolute maximum amount of silver coins for face value that you can?

You would actually prefer "a few here and there" to ALL of them? Really? Why? I don't understand. :dontknow:

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

why did you just spam like 6 posts?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

sack0silver said:
why did you just spam like 6 posts?

more like 9.

There are 3 reasons why what C and F did is not correct

1) It doesn't look good when all you see is one person posting for many times with a similar thing
2){If you are doing this, I am not blaming you} It is not good to make many small posts to get your post count up. I always want a larger amount of posts, but I do it normally.
3) There is no TNet TV Channel, so this is not a "Judge The Opinion" game show. You can maybe judge one or two opinions, but not 9 in a row.

Sorry if I am being harsh.

Balboa

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011

55 boxes... That's nearly a ton of coin!!! Multiplied by the # of times loaded/unloaded from car-home-dump bank, combined with the wear/tear on your car/truck's suspension, brakes fuel economy, not to mention the toll on your body, it just doesn't seem worth it to me (financially at least) for about 40 keepers per week if things don't improve in your area. Just my opinion.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

cheaper than a gym membership :laughing9:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

What I didn't say to TimZim before, because I concentrated on the replies. Congratulations on the finds (it is still some amount) and on the volume.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other

I did 48 boxes last week, and did 44 boxes the week before... Not one single coin went into a TD bank. Who wants to criticize me?

I have also found over 700 keepers this month. Have I worn out my supply?

I may disagree with large volume if you do not have a sophisticated dump plan. However, I can easily dump all my boxes without a single bank being upset. I also have banks CALL me and ask if I want to place another order. They also tell me to continue to bring my boxes to dump if I were to get more. I make it as easy as possible on them(wont go into specifics), but the tellers do nothing more than order the coin, I do all the lifting.....

N8

Just placed my orders for this week- 56 boxes. I am still waiting for someone to give me crap....

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011

If anyone wants to do this kind of volume and has the time, cash, and infrastructure to support it, more power to them. I don't even care how they go about dumping all of that coin, although I certainly hope it isn't at my pickup bank. I wish I could handle this level of volume right now since I think I have found a good vein of silver, but with a full time job and family obligations I do what I can.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other

BillyOceansEleven said:
If anyone wants to do this kind of volume and has the time, cash, and infrastructure to support it, more power to them. I don't even care how they go about dumping all of that coin, although I certainly hope it isn't at my pickup bank. I wish I could handle this level of volume right now since I think I have found a good vein of silver, but with a full time job and family obligations I do what I can.

You would be surprised what you can do if you have the capital- You really need a good way to dump and to plan your routes very carefully. There are a few equally fast ways to get where I go during the week. I drive right by all my pickup banks and dump banks. I never have to stray and never have to spend more than 20 mins extra/day doing my pickups/dumps.

I also open my coins late at night when everyone is asleep OR use it as a bonding moment, and get some assistance and just talk.

IT can work into anyone's schedule if you have the $ and take the time NOW to set up a good plan of attack-
N8

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

n8dagr8345 said:
I did 48 boxes last week, and did 44 boxes the week before... Not one single coin went into a TD bank. Who wants to criticize me?

I have also found over 700 keepers this month. Have I worn out my supply?

I may disagree with large volume if you do not have a sophisticated dump plan. However, I can easily dump all my boxes without a single bank being upset. I also have banks CALL me and ask if I want to place another order. They also tell me to continue to bring my boxes to dump if I were to get more. I make it as easy as possible on them(wont go into specifics), but the tellers do nothing more than order the coin, I do all the lifting.....

N8

Just placed my orders for this week- 56 boxes. I am still waiting for someone to give me crap....

Why are you looking for trouble!

You posted on here saying don't kill your dump banks and I am saying some people on here do (some CRH here where I am at caused me to get turned down because he was dumping to much halves on them). Plus I read another of your post don't dump at the same bank your order at that's like a slap in the banks face. If you want to do 56 boxes or 100 more power to you but don't screw it up for other CRH when dumping. I have a full time job that is stressful dealing with idiots most of time and I do this for fun to relieve stress and have fun with my wife and kids. I average about 10 boxes a week which is just enough (a hobby I been doing since I was a kid) not to mess up my family time and work time. To me people doing over 40 boxes is a full time job. If we agree to disagree that is fine with me.

HH

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other

I have many many many dump banks.
There are 15 BBTs that I can dump at easily. At least as many Capital Ones. 8 local credit unions. 4 small regional branches. 4 decent PNC banks. All in all I have about 8 dump banks / pick up bank. I have coin machines, and bagged dumps. Like I have said, I have a sophisticated dump plan. I do not use any bank more than 1 time / week. I have accounts at many different banks all carrying much more than the minimum and many have direct deposit. I never dump on my pick up banks.

It takes a bit to set up, but its far from a full time job. I have many things I do during the week, the coins are just a HOBBY in my spare time just like you- I am just trying to drive home the point, that if you take the time to set this up and do not rush into large volume, you can easily dump 50 boxes without pissing anyone off or using a dang TD bank(although I have an account there, and drive by 6 of them) and even have one branch that adjusts the bag limit to 1000 dollars when I walk in that TD(however i only go there maybe 1 time a month). Its about careful planning and common sense...

N8

its like posting on the forum- There is no point in doing it if you are just going to +1 or -1 every post for some personal gain(maybe?). If you think it through and plan it all out, it can be productive - Doing it just because is where we get in trouble. Those that have the money to do 50 boxes and then don't plan it out and just dump at the 8 TD banks in there area every week, thats the trouble-

Additionally, I am in this for the profits as well as interesting finds, but all good things need a break. I take vacations from my hobby as well. Several weeks I will just stop ordering all together and dumping all together even though I only profit when I hunt. These breaks give EVERYONE involved in my hunts a break...

Finally- C&F. If you do follow my posts you will know that my mother is in the banking industry. She is a VP of a large regional bank. I admittedly use her connections to aid in my dumping/pick ups. She has been in the industry for a long time and many area managers and tellers know me because of her. I also get a majority of my pick ups from her. One of her branches has no problem ordering me 20 boxes/week. Yes you are right, I do preach to not go beyond your means and piss off banks, and yes, many on here probably do piss off banks. However, I feel that it can be done on the large scale while making friends and connections in the banks. If I do start to sense some resistance I either talk to the manager, or I just simply stop using that branch. The 1 branch that has ever complained about halves being dumped into their counter(I was only using every other week for less than 1000), I have stopped using all together. Now, In a pinch I could go back to that branch and use it without any grief I am sure.. Like many others on here, I too bring treats to my banks as a simple thank you.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

TZ will learn the hard way soon when he runs out of coins to search that weren't just recycled. We have a few like him every now and then. Sad :-[ It ruins the fun of finding a few in A FEW boxes.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks n8dagr8345 You said it all. I can see why guys stop using this sight. There are to many guys putting down every thing. Just because some one wants to try to do 50 boxes!! So what A bunch of little cry babys. If you can't say some thing nice. Or be helpful. Watch tv its getting old. Grow up!!!! If you don't like the fact i do a lot of boxes its easy don't read my posts. Be cause am going to keep doing what ever i want.

optix

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said n8dagr8345 and Tim do not sweat it. Some people simply are not able to do your volume and they get a little mad. I am working my way up to your volume, I think this week I will be doing about 32 boxes. I will continue to raise my volume, until it is no longer worth my time. Then I will just go a little further to get more :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread