55 boxes This weeks totals So So Week! Sorry i fixed totals.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Thanks n8dagr8345 You said it all. I can see why guys stop using this sight. There are to many guys putting down every thing. Just because some one wants to try to do 50 boxes!! So what A bunch of little cry babys. If you can't say some thing nice. Or be helpful. Watch tv its getting old. Grow up!!!! If you don't like the fact i do a lot of boxes its easy don't read my posts. Be cause am going to keep doing what ever i want.

Dude, dont sweat it. Always present are those who are jealous of what others can do. Axiom of our times.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Thanks n8dagr8345 You said it all. I can see why guys stop using this sight. There are to many guys putting down every thing. Just because some one wants to try to do 50 boxes!! So what A bunch of little cry babys. If you can't say some thing nice. Or be helpful. Watch tv its getting old. Grow up!!!! If you don't like the fact i do a lot of boxes its easy don't read my posts. Be cause am going to keep doing what ever i want.

Tim you da man! May my supply banks be down wind from your dumps.. HH

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I give props to you high volume guys. The dumping and bankroll, or lack thereof, has been my drawback. But I have gotten to know my area and which banks have counters and where I can dump pretty easy. So my volume is slowwwwly increasing. First 1 box, then 2, now 3. I just need to expand my pickup banks now.

A question for you big volume guys...how do you carry all of your dumps into banks? I know some of you do the coinlock bags, but those who dump into counters...do you just use large canvas coin bags? While I'm trying to increase volume, I'm trying to find the easiest way to carry all the clad back to the bank.

Thanks!
bblair

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
When I use the counter I use those cheap cloth bags- like the ones you get as reusable grocery bags. I only fill them with $500 so they do not rip. Even with the $500 I have to replace the defective ones every so often. They seem to work well enough for me- I am sure people have better bags, but I can get these free(and they say bank names, so it give me some credibility at the banks)

N8

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Man do as many boxes as you can. I wish I had the ability to do that much volume.
Let all these people try to dictate what you do...keep complaining. I don't know why they care...it's not like your hunting affects them?
Either way nice finds and keep it up! I love reading your posts as seeing your pics.
HH

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
When I use the counter I use those cheap cloth bags- like the ones you get as reusable grocery bags. I only fill them with $500 so they do not rip. Even with the $500 I have to replace the defective ones every so often.

You fill them with $500? I thought with all the keepers you've been getting it's more like $492.50!!

Just kidding, I'm trying to find something I can carry with one hand. My plastic bin has been a pain.

bblair

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
One key thing that I like to do, that I recommend everyone do is... I have a bag of clad halves. When it runs out, I replace it with another box of halves... But I always replace the silver from boxes with clad- If I take 20 coins of silver from a box, I replace it with 20 clad halves. This way I get an idea if the counter is off(its normally not), or if my boxes ended up short, or what. It also makes changing your coin to dollars easier. 100s are way nicer than 498.50. Also, it gives you power. If you always have 500 increments in your dumps, and then all of a sudden get a 480 dump, you can talk to a manager and have a greater ability to get this fixed-
N8

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
One key thing that I like to do, that I recommend everyone do is... I have a bag of clad halves. When it runs out, I replace it with another box of halves... But I always replace the silver from boxes with clad- If I take 20 coins of silver from a box, I replace it with 20 clad halves. This way I get an idea if the counter is off(its normally not), or if my boxes ended up short, or what. It also makes changing your coin to dollars easier. 100s are way nicer than 498.50. Also, it gives you power. If you always have 500 increments in your dumps, and then all of a sudden get a 480 dump, you can talk to a manager and have a greater ability to get this fixed-
N8

Definitely a good idea N8. I will usually just make note of how many halves I pulled from the box and grab a few of my pocket change quarters to replace them so I get the $500 back, and then yes you can tell if the machine miscounted or the box was short.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:
N8

This is what I do, more or less. I have a canvas bag I filled with $500 in clad and pull from it to dump even $500 in coinlok bags. I think my canvas bag is down to $350 or so in 2 months.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,

Thanks for the well written reply back! No I didn't know about your Mom being a VP that obviously helps you out a lot. Like I said I do it as a hobby not for GREED (yes of course I want to make money as well) but some people just make it tough for the hobbyist.

One person on here that if you follow his post changes his story on how he dumps that what gets me mad. I deal with stories and lies (and believe me I heard them all) while on the job so when it happens I point it out.

Reading your post you have a solid well thought out plan on how to do that kind of volume others do not and ruin it for the rest of us.

HH
C&F

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
Like I said before IMHO Tim is not doing boxes. He is buying bags. Funny money is very,very rarely in boxes. Bags are easy to sail through. 25-30 bags is easy with the proper return system.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only do about 1 bag every four weeks. If i can get it. I wish i could get more. They are easy and good. :thumbsup: All the funny money is from the magnets. :thumbsup:

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You people order way too many boxes, you are going to tie up all the clad and then I wont get any!! I hope there will still be some 1976ers left by the time I get to search another box >:(

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
sack0silver said:
You people order way too many boxes, you are going to tie up all the clad and then I wont get any!! I hope there will still be some 1976ers left by the time I get to search another box >:(

you mean the silver ones, or do you want me to sell all my clad bics to you. I will gladly do that. :laughing7:

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i did 2 boxes to day.Both skunks now what? If thats all did in a week why bother? thanks you all for your kind words and support. Its what keeps me going!!!!! :icon_sunny: :thumbsup: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :headbang: :hello2: :hello: :laughing7:

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
sagittarius98 said:
sack0silver said:

you mean the silver ones, or do you want me to sell all my clad bics to you. I will gladly do that. :laughing7:

They all have silver in them, can't fool this noob!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
sack0silver said:
sagittarius98 said:
sack0silver said:

They all have silver in them, can't fool this noob!!

I will gladly sell you all of mine for $5 each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread