What's new

6/29/2011 wetsand platinum ring

Surfdigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Got out again on Wednesday morning for the low tide.....Met JSBSH member Matt B. to help him with his new excal II....Also ran into Dave T. and a couple of other guys detecting there too.....Beautiful day and the crowds were definitely out....wasn't burning the world down with targets.....majority of coins were pennies....I d...ecided to grid a shell line at the midtide line and managed to hear a light change in the threshhold....I went over it again and knew it was a deep signal....took 2 scoops and the second scoop ran my coil over the pile and got a real nice low smooth minelab baritone that can mean only one thing.....I was honestly thinking "junk"....I looked in the scoop and there it was....the edge of a silver colored band....I couldn't make out the stamp....thought it was white gold with diamonds....once home I saw the "PLAT" in the band....small but always nice to find....what a great day on the beach !!
 

Attachments

  • IMGP3312 (640x480).webp
    IMGP3312 (640x480).webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 580
  • IMGP3312 (640x480).webp
    IMGP3312 (640x480).webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 574
Upvote 0
Woo-ice hunting! :hello2: :headbang:
 
Congrats on the nice ring. Been awhile since I got a plat. :thumbsup:
 
Very nice ring!!! Would like to scratch the plat off my wish list...great find!!!
 
Very nice Surfdigger . I'm still looking for my first plat. You did good.
 
Nicely earned surfdigger! :thumbsup:
 
Nice job!! What is the best way to clean Platinum?

Aaron
 
Very nice.

Congrats :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice find :icon_salut: Do you think there was a matching band? It always dawns on me after the fact to look for the "other" part after I've left the area that I found a possible set or a pendant without a broken clasp. Once I get back to the house I think... Wholly crap, wheres the chain or the matching ring? Yet every time I find a coin in the water I automatically scan the area, because if there's one there is more than likely a second or third coin. Eventually I'll learn.
 
Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Really NICE ring there!

Platinum doesn't require cleaning except washing the sand off with water.

HH Joe
 
Yep, its high up on the Nobility list along with gold. It doesnt tarnish much if at all. Oh, nice ring!
 
u will see and hear the lear on friday

solid hot goose brian

i like it, i want one :notworthy:
 
Another beauty, Surfdigger!
L
 

Attachments

  • cat.webp
    cat.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 361
Nice ticket Brian...Plat is not found
very often. Congratulations to you.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom