What's new

720i Water Scoop

Nice video rwb83! I just got mine in the mail last week as well! Only used it one day so far out on the beach but not in the water, too damm cold here right now! It can move some material and it works well in the soft sand as well but it IS heavy.. Much better suited for the water as you said, unless you don't mind slinging it around. After a few hours the army holding and using the scoop was much more tired than the one swinging my minelab excal! As virginiabeachmax said, "That is a young man's scoop"!
 
One of the Best Scoops out there, .....only thing I would change would be the handle...fiber-glass...Knock off several ounces.....then maybe add a teather for ruff waters...And me, I would only use that scoop in the deep..to much even with a glass handle for us old goats to carry on the wetsand.
 
Very nice scoop
image046.gif
 
Last edited:
Best scoop made so far.:icon_thumright:
 
It's a great scoop. Sandman, do you or do you know of anyone who has cut 1/4 in metallic chicken wire and zipped tied it to the inside of the scoop. I am thinking that 1/2 in holes in 720i might lose small items. What do you think? I may not cover the entire inside of scoop but only that very back and part of the lower side and then add magnet under the chicken wire. Also adding a shoulder strap with brass swivel clips connected. This way it is easier to carry and for the most part I drag the scoop behind me (bottom of scoop facing sand) to grid out the area and I can see where I have been
 
It's a great scoop. Sandman, do you or do you know of anyone who has cut 1/4 in metallic chicken wire and zipped tied it to the inside of the scoop. I am thinking that 1/2 in holes in 720i might lose small items. What do you think? I may not cover the entire inside of scoop but only that very back and part of the lower side and then add magnet under the chicken wire. Also adding a shoulder strap with brass swivel clips connected. This way it is easier to carry and for the most part I drag the scoop behind me (bottom of scoop facing sand) to grid out the area and I can see where I have been


Zip tie? Why wouldn't you glue it?
 
I don't know. Why wouldn't I? Never thought of that. That is a good idea! If I use a hot glue gun, will the glue keep the chicken wire on with all the digging?
 
Gutter guard works well also. Good scoop .... i think my buddy is the only guy thats bent or broke one twice.

Dew
 
This is what I did so far. Traced stealth sand scoop and then outlined onto 1/4 Galvanized chicken wire fencing. Cut with snips and then I'm trying to figure out where to place magnets. Then use hot glue gun or what type of glue do you use for something like this?
Cheers,
Dan

image-962803071.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom