8 HOURS, ANYWHERE IS THE USA, WITH YOUR METAL DETECTOR. WHERE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
A good question. I picked up the hobby more out of need for solitude than reward. I like coinshooting for the skills practice it provides but enjoy the personal connection with history. Given this, I think Alamogordo ..where the Trinity testing occurred and people lived.

Anywhere near Charleston,South Carolina. I love everything about it,the history,the food,the culture,take me there! Not only could you find Colonial and Civil War artifacts but shark teeth as well in the surrounding areas beachfront.

My hometown so I could dig up a Silver cache I know of.

150 yards off shore in the Atlantic, and 3/8 mile north of the Indian River inlet bridge, with a 1/3 x 1/3 mile area with the water removed, just like in the 10 Commandments film starring Charleton Heston.

Having the quality machines of today and going back in time to around 1950 on any beach.

The Moon, but since that is against the rules. I will keep it under my hat where I would hunt lol.

Anywhere on the upper New England coast, in the fall, after a big storm.

My Great Uncle from Rocky Face Georgia was with Longstreet Corps. Bennings Brigade Second Georgia. He and another soldier from Macon , Ga. were appointed to guard the doors while Lee and Grant were inside The McClean House at Appomattox on April 9th 1865. After the surrender , they stacked arms and walked home to Georgia. A 1922 Macon Georgia newspaper told this story. It would be a dream come true to be invited to hunt in that area.

On my cousin's property in Wayne County, Ky. During the battle of Mill Springs, or Logan's Run as some call it, an old farmhouse was commandeered as a hospital. My cousin's property lies between the battlefield and the "hospital". I can only imagine things dropped in haste of securing medical treatment.

Anyplace that does not have 3 feet of snow is fine with me

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I would have to say any populated place in the original colonies.

Why? Because there is still so much history there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back