What's new

8 Reales Dug Today... Oh Boy!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well lets just say it's been a long wait to hunt this site. I received permission to hunt this place about 2 months ago. Well work and timing and soybeans were always getting in the way. Well last week the property owner called to tell me the soybeans had been cut. i said i'll be there as soon as I can. Well a couple more days of rain and work later, I finally made it today with Buckleboy. Well it started off slow and we couldn't find the sweet spot. Well it wasn't to much longer when I found a flat button. Well a little while later BBoy hit a IH penny. Well soon there after so did I, a beautiful 1892. Well a little while later I had to call old BBoy over to show him a sweet find. Out pops this baby.
8 Reales :laughing7:

I'll let BBoy finish the rest of the day cause it was all his. I'm just happy to find the 8.

Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 1-1.webp
    1-1.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,461
  • 3-1.webp
    3-1.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,402
  • 8 Reales 001.webp
    8 Reales 001.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,350
  • 8 Reales 003.webp
    8 Reales 003.webp
    50 KB · Views: 3,371
  • 8 Reales 008.webp
    8 Reales 008.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,259
  • 8 Reales 007.webp
    8 Reales 007.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,243
  • 8 Reales 006.webp
    8 Reales 006.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 3,345
  • 8 Reales 005.webp
    8 Reales 005.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,326
Upvote 0
Ohio Jerry said:
Congratulations on the banner HB!!! ARRR matey thar's a fine piece of pirate's booty you've uncovered :icon_pirat:
Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I love my booty.Arrrrr
Muddyhandz said:
Congratulations Bill Hilly! Sorry I got your post and BB's post mixed up. You da man! I totally understand the rarity factor for the area you guys hunt. Just like someone said...It is a rare find to begin with, never mind Kentucky. I'm sure this one is going right in the middle of your display case!
Nice finds!
Dave.

You can bet it's going in the case.
Can't beat ole Ky

TEXAN Connection said:
:icon_thumright:
 
I knew it was a banner find and glad they thought the same. :hello2:

Nova Treasure
 
Sir ,,, that is an awsome coin indeed!!!!! I just found the post and was going to vote banner,,,, and hell its already there!!!!!!


way to go!!! thanks for showing us a piece of history!!!!!!


arthur
 

Attachments

  • orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,652
[[size=9pt][size=14pt][/size][/size]

I heard about this find from Buckleboy via telephone not long after you found it. Great find! Wish I could have been there when you dug it up. Nice one, HB.

BBs Dad
 
Congrats on the 8 and making the banner
 
Congrats on the banner and the great find HB! Counterfeit would be a better find to me anyway!!

Ironman!
 
Buckleboys Dad said:
[[size=9pt][size=14pt][/size][/size]

I heard about this find from Buckleboy via telephone not long after you found it. Great find! Wish I could have been there when you dug it up. Nice one, HB.

BBs Dad

Wish you could have been there too.
Really sorry I didn't get to meet you again. I know it was your second trip here since I've known your son.
Oh well, maybe next time.

Ironman! said:
Congrats on the banner and the great find HB! Counterfeit would be a better find to me anyway!!

Ironman!

Couldn't agree more.
 
great banner find.HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom