What's new

8 Reales Dug Today... Oh Boy!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well lets just say it's been a long wait to hunt this site. I received permission to hunt this place about 2 months ago. Well work and timing and soybeans were always getting in the way. Well last week the property owner called to tell me the soybeans had been cut. i said i'll be there as soon as I can. Well a couple more days of rain and work later, I finally made it today with Buckleboy. Well it started off slow and we couldn't find the sweet spot. Well it wasn't to much longer when I found a flat button. Well a little while later BBoy hit a IH penny. Well soon there after so did I, a beautiful 1892. Well a little while later I had to call old BBoy over to show him a sweet find. Out pops this baby.
8 Reales :laughing7:

I'll let BBoy finish the rest of the day cause it was all his. I'm just happy to find the 8.

Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 1-1.webp
    1-1.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,461
  • 3-1.webp
    3-1.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,402
  • 8 Reales 001.webp
    8 Reales 001.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,350
  • 8 Reales 003.webp
    8 Reales 003.webp
    50 KB · Views: 3,371
  • 8 Reales 005.webp
    8 Reales 005.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,326
  • 8 Reales 006.webp
    8 Reales 006.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 3,345
  • 8 Reales 007.webp
    8 Reales 007.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,243
  • 8 Reales 008.webp
    8 Reales 008.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,259
Upvote 0
8 Reale would be Banner find found anywhere :hello2:
 
Beautiful coin. :) :icon_thumright:
 
Nice find man.

I just dug the same coin about 10 days ago. Mine was a 1826 with a hole in it. Man are they large and heavy. I have been waiting for a spanish silver for a long time. And it happened to be a 8 reale. It was worth the wait. I've dug tons of large cents over the yrs. But no spanish silver until about 10 days ago.

HH Jer
 
Have detector will travel...so don't be surprised if I show up on someone's KY doorstep...LOL

What a fabulous find!!!!
 
wow HB thats totally cool!
 
You know HB, I bet if you soaked that coin in water for a few minutes you could take a toothpick and get the remaining dirt off of it.

:icon_sunny:


Killer find, my friend. And great photos too!
 
BuckleBoy said:
You know HB, I bet if you soaked that coin in water for a few minutes you could take a toothpick and get the remaining dirt off of it.

:icon_sunny:


Killer find, my friend. And great photos too!

I've tried toothpickin it and haven't had good results.
Thanks... Great finds for you.
 
Keep pickin'
Newt
 
Very nice coin, congrats :)!
 
im so happy you made the banner!
 
Fantastic old coin find HB. :icon_thumleft:
Congrats on a well deserved banner.
-MM-
 
Thanks everyone who replied to this post and voted my find for the banner.
I reales didn't expect this find to make the Banner but it did and I am happy.
Taken quite awhile for me to make it up there with the rest of you Top Squirrels.LOL

Headed back to this site this AM and hope to return with some more goodies!

Hill Billy
 
Congrats and good luck today. I'm sure there is more waiting to be found.
Newt
 
SWEET dig friend. The coolest part is that clod of mud where you can see the coin was laying in. :headbang: That is a great pic.
 
Congrats on making the banner, HB! :icon_sunny: Good luck today at the site. There are more largies and silver waiting.
 
Congratulations on the banner HB!!! ARRR matey thar's a fine piece of pirate's booty you've uncovered :icon_pirat:
Jerry
 
Congratulations Bill Hilly! Sorry I got your post and BB's post mixed up. You da man! I totally understand the rarity factor for the area you guys hunt. Just like someone said...It is a rare find to begin with, never mind Kentucky. I'm sure this one is going right in the middle of your display case!
Nice finds!
Dave.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom