What's new

8 Reales Dug Today... Oh Boy!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well lets just say it's been a long wait to hunt this site. I received permission to hunt this place about 2 months ago. Well work and timing and soybeans were always getting in the way. Well last week the property owner called to tell me the soybeans had been cut. i said i'll be there as soon as I can. Well a couple more days of rain and work later, I finally made it today with Buckleboy. Well it started off slow and we couldn't find the sweet spot. Well it wasn't to much longer when I found a flat button. Well a little while later BBoy hit a IH penny. Well soon there after so did I, a beautiful 1892. Well a little while later I had to call old BBoy over to show him a sweet find. Out pops this baby.
8 Reales :laughing7:

I'll let BBoy finish the rest of the day cause it was all his. I'm just happy to find the 8.

Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 1-1.webp
    1-1.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,461
  • 3-1.webp
    3-1.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,402
  • 8 Reales 001.webp
    8 Reales 001.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,350
  • 8 Reales 003.webp
    8 Reales 003.webp
    50 KB · Views: 3,371
  • 8 Reales 005.webp
    8 Reales 005.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,326
  • 8 Reales 006.webp
    8 Reales 006.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 3,345
  • 8 Reales 007.webp
    8 Reales 007.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,243
  • 8 Reales 008.webp
    8 Reales 008.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,259
Upvote 0
That gives me hope for Indiana......Thank You! :laughing9: Nice find BillHilly..... :thumbsup: jgas
 
What a suprise eh?
 
Way to go, Hill Billy, on the eight reales recovery! :headbang: You and Buckleboy are great at what you do. I always enjoy the posts from the Brigade!
 
What an awesome coin HB. I never even knew they existed until a while back when someone posted one here. Colonial coins are great to find but colonial silver is the ultimate. :thumbsup:

Great find.
Randy
 
Nice dig - counterfeit or not counterfeit... Hoping for the latter for you! :icon_thumright:
 
Awesome Hill Billy, that is definitely a Kentucky banner find for all who dig here. :hello2:

Nova Treasure
 
WOW!!!An "8",is right up there on my do dig list!!I have dug the 2 ,1 and half,but the granddaddy has eluded me!!!
 
Reale or not, a great find. Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
wildrider said:
Kinda has an odd color and back looks like its bubbled on the eagle. It's not a counterfeit is it?

I believe your right.
Don in SJ said:
Congrats HB on getting the 8 Reale, it does look like a counterfeit,(unless it is just funky) but no fret, a lot used back then were counterfeits. The date looks like 183? possibly 1838 or 9.

I would love to have something that big staring at me from a fresh dig. :icon_thumright:
Don
Thanks Don, blew me away when it popped out.
rang up as a 46 on the VDI.
CRUSADER said:
Don in SJ said:
Congrats HB on getting the 8 Reale, it does look like a counterfeit, but no fret, a lot used back then were counterfeits. The date looks like 183? possibly 1833.
I would love to have something that big staring at me from a fresh dig. :icon_thumright:
Don

Thats what I wondered, the colour was off, & thought counterfeit straight away. But then I thought maybe it was heavily debased in that period :dontknow:
The only 8 I have is counterfeit but still a great find :icon_thumright:

I agree, great find for ole KY
KylePA said:
Way to go, Hill Billy, on the eight reales recovery! :headbang: You and Buckleboy are great at what you do. I always enjoy the posts from the Brigade!

Much appreciated there bud :thumbsup:
RPG said:
What an awesome coin HB. I never even knew they existed until a while back when someone posted one here. Colonial coins are great to find but colonial silver is the ultimate. :thumbsup:

Great find.
Randy
:thumbsup: Thanks
nova treasure said:
Awesome Hill Billy, that is definitely a Kentucky banner find for all who dig here. :hello2:

Nova Treasure
Thanks bill... you the man

Thanks everyone, it's still a great find in my book... counterfeit or not
 
Yep, it's a fake! Send it to me for further analysis.
It's about time. Didn't we talk about this site a few weeks back?
I'll trade you a point for it.
Newt
 
could it have been in a fire? that could account for its odd look --- but if real its silver level should read .903 -- so as a 90% pure type silver coin what would your machines VDI number be?
 
ivan salis said:
could it have been in a fire? that could account for its odd look --- but if real its silver level should read .903 -- so as a 90% pure type silver coin what would your machines VDI number be?

Ivan your right it could have been in a fire , we noticed darker soil and carbon where we thought the house sat. Typically silver rings up in the 80's but I have never dug big silver so it may read higher like in the 90's on something that size.
Newt said:
Yep, it's a fake! Send it to me for further analysis.
It's about time. Didn't we talk about this site a few weeks back?
I'll trade you a point for it.
Newt

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
coinmaster2db said:
Great find. :thumbsup: Wish I could have been there. Hope to meet up with you guys soon. :hello:

We will be meeting soon enough i'm sure.
 
I remember.
Bill Hilly said:
ivan salis said:
could it have been in a fire? that could account for its odd look --- but if real its silver level should read .903 -- so as a 90% pure type silver coin what would your machines VDI number be?

Ivan your right it could have been in a fire , we noticed darker soil and carbon where we thought the house sat. Typically silver rings up in the 80's but I have never dug big silver so it may read higher like in the 90's on something that size.
Newt said:
Yep, it's a fake! Send it to me for further analysis.
It's about time. Didn't we talk about this site a few weeks back?
I'll trade you a point for it.
Newt

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
coinmaster2db said:
Great find. :thumbsup: Wish I could have been there. Hope to meet up with you guys soon. :hello:

We will be meeting soon enough i'm sure.
 
Cool my friend! Very nice Mexican Reale. It looks like a copper coin.....rather a copy or not its a AWESOME piece of history! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :headbang:
 
Old silver.........(day dreaming)

That sucker right there is on the top of my list :thumbsup:

VPR
 
nova treasure said:
Awesome Hill Billy, that is definitely a Kentucky banner find for all who dig here. :hello2:

Nova Treasure

Absolutely.
 
BuckleBoy said:
nova treasure said:
Awesome Hill Billy, that is definitely a Kentucky banner find for all who dig here. :hello2:

Nova Treasure

Absolutely.

Easy fellas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom