A golden first! and old W. Buck spoon.. silver?

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well 14K white gold to be exact! I got out with the wife and kids for some summer fun,
swimming and detecting. I hit this solid 48 (bumped to 54 sometimes) on the AT Gold and couldn't pass
up this signal. About 4 inches down in soil I have hit hard for the last few years out pops my first white gold ring
Also pulled a single wheat cent 56 d and more clad. Now into Gull Lake the detector and I go. some Misc. trash
then a faint but good high tone and almost a foot down in the sand was this old spoon.
Now I know I shouldn't have polished any of it, but hey in my defense I thought was junk and is in poor shape.
If anyone knows anything about this maker (w. Buck) please let me know as I was unable to find much of anything.
Thanks for looking and Happy hunting!
ring 1.jpg ring 2.jpg ring 3.jpg spoon1.jpg spoon2.jpg spoon3.jpg

Upvote 11

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to try this website.. Spoon Planet great finds, congrats.. HH

lesche Is More

Mar 14, 2014
North Dartmouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt.yet to pull white gold.and that spoons cool with an interesting mark
id say its coin silver all day

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Super ring, nice old spoon. :headbang: If you don't want to keep the gold ring, you'll get best profit by selling it to one of the refineries that support this website instead of selling to local jeweler, pawn shop or those travelling guys who set up in hotel lobbies for a couple days and pay low, lol. My son & I have received 95% of current gold value each time we've sent gold rings to Midwestern Refineries, which supports this website. Check out midwesternrefinery.com : They're honest, efficient, been in business for a long time, and fast to send your check. Also they buy silver, platinum, etc. If you had a gold ring with good gemstones, maybe would get best price by selling it locally as I don't think refineries pay for gemstons. Have fun! Andi

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome gold with the gold

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet never found a white gold ring that huge! Must have been a thrill! Nice day for sure there. Not sure how the AT conductive scale reads out, is that like a zinc penny about?

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is a real trifecta........Getting to spend a day out with the family, finding a gorgeous gold ring, and the icing the spoon which looks to be from coin silver. A hearty congratulations on a fine day.

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emoticon-000340-large.gif

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold, that's a big one! Nice silver spoon too!

OP
OP
dig kzoo

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer hunt.yet to pull white gold.and that spoons cool with an interesting mark
id say its coin silver all day

One of my best hunts yet, the spoon is real soft and heavy.

OP
OP
dig kzoo

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet never found a white gold ring that huge! Must have been a thrill! Nice day for sure there. Not sure how the AT conductive scale reads out, is that like a zinc penny about?

Was a blast, had to censor ATG rings up 77- 81 on the zinc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dig kzoo

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super ring, nice old spoon. :headbang: If you don't want to keep the gold ring, you'll get best profit by selling it to one of the refineries that support this website instead of selling to local jeweler, pawn shop or those travelling guys who set up in hotel lobbies for a couple days and pay low, lol. My son & I have received 95% of current gold value each time we've sent gold rings to Midwestern Refineries, which supports this website. Check out midwesternrefinery.com : They're honest, efficient, been in business for a long time, and fast to send your check. Also they buy silver, platinum, etc. If you had a gold ring with good gemstones, maybe would get best price by selling it locally as I don't think refineries pay for gemstons. Have fun! Andi

Thanks for the info, I plan to investigate the info in the band and try to return next month on their 38th anniversary. Be interesting to find out if still married / alive.

Thats a sweet ring buddy...Congrats to ya..

Thanks!

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard for me to pick which one I like best....Great hunt !!!

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to you. I may be wrong but could the the spoon possibly be pewter? Either way, those are great finds!

OP
OP
dig kzoo

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations to you. I may be wrong but could the the spoon possibly be pewter? Either way, those are great finds!

Good question, I am not sure. I work crazy hours and hope to take the spoon to be tested for silver and get both weighed.
and thank you! HH!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
spoon is from 1700s and consisted of pewter and sometimes silver and called a rat tail spoon.

OP
OP
dig kzoo

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spoon is from 1700s and consisted of pewter and sometimes silver and called a rat tail spoon.

Wow That may explain the lack of info on the makers mark. thanks for chiming in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread